SASS Wire Forum

Old binoculars

Anyone know a good place to get vintage binoculars repaired? I have my dads old 7x50 Vegas which still seem to be in good shape but the alignment is off so both eyes aren't looking at quite the same thing. I am sure I will pay more than a new pair would cost for equal quality but it's a nostalgia thing.

Let me ask the astronomy group I belong to. Otherwise, I'm limited to a google search.

3 hours ago, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

Anyone know a good place to get vintage binoculars repaired? I have my dads old 7x50 Vegas which still seem to be in good shape but the alignment is off so both eyes aren't looking at quite the same thing. I am sure I will pay more than a new pair would cost for equal quality but it's a nostalgia thing.

I posted in the Facebook page of the astronomy group I belong to, and the answer was "Oberwerk Corporation." They are an optics company in Dayton, Ohio. I know they make amazing optics, and evidently do repairs. Their business number is (937)253-8010. It doesn't hurt to call and ask.

On 6/2/2019 at 5:48 PM, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

I had previously recommended Oberwerks. I just received a message from one of my astronomy club members that works with them that they only repair their own. They recommend Suddarth Optical   Cory Dussarth   1408 Briarwood Lane Henryetta, OK  74437

https://suddarthoptical.com/contact

Archived