SASS Wire Forum

Father & Son/Daughter Western Movies or Shows

Howdy all! Working on writing some special Father's Day Stages for this month's club match and I am stuck. We are shooting six stages and I have five written, all involving a father and son or daughter relationship in either movie or television. I need the wire's help though, I am short one stage. The five I have thus far are:

1) Maverick (The Movie) - Brett Maverick and Marshal Zane Cooper

2) 3:10 to Yuma: Dan Evans and his son William

3) The Quick and the Dead (Movie):John Herod and The Kid

4) Bonanza: Ben Cartwright and Hoss, Adam, Lil Joe

5) The Rifleman: Lucan McCain and son Mark. 

I am in desperate need of another movie or show so that I can write one more stage and have been coming up short. Thanks in advance! 

Obviously she was too young to do any shooting, but how about Duke Wayne and his daughter Alisha in "The Alamo"?  She played the daughter of Capt. Dickenson (Ken Curtis).  Don't know if that qualifies, or gives you any help, but there it is.

How about the real father/son/grandson? John Wayne's son Patrick played his son James. His son Ethan played his grandson Little Jake.

Guns of Will Sonnet. Walter Brennon and his grown grandson traveling thevwest looking for his son.

Support Your Local Gunfighter.  Patience "the Sidewinder" shooting up the town whenever she thought someohad taken liberties, with his comments or with his fingers.

Rio Grande....John Wayne and Claude Jarman Jr.  Wayne plays Lieutenant Colonel Kirby Yorke, in charge of a fort in Texas to fight the Apache, when his estranged wife shows up with his son Jeff (Jarman Jr) as a new recruit...one of my favorite JW movies

Rufus Hannasey (Burl Ives) and his son Buck (Chuck Connors) in The Big Country. Not good role models perhaps,  but there was shootin’ going on!  :o

8 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

How about the real father/son/grandson? John Wayne's son Patrick played his son James. His son Ethan played his grandson Little Jake.

Yeah!! Gotta go with Big Jake.

"You can call Dad, you can call me Father, you can call me Jacob, and you can call me Jake. You can call me a dirty old son-of-a-bitch, but if you EVER call me Daddy again, I'll finish this fight!"

Chop that down a bit and you've even got a starting line for your stage.

Bruce Boxleitner starred in a made for TV film, Down the Long Hills, from the Louis L'Amour book of the same name. It was about two lost children, survivors of a wagon train massacre, and the efforts of one of their fathers to find them. Good little film.

Big Jake if only because there are a number of lines from that movie that would work, although some of the best might be a bit long for a stage start. (the one above being a perfect example).

Three Godfathers with the Duke, Harry Carey Jr., and Pedro Armendiraz.  “They’ll String ya!”

...for the adoptive fathers don’t you know...

How about in one of the GUNSMOKE TV Movies when Matt meets his daughter he didn't know about and she gives him a 87 lever shotgun for his birthday?

Matt says, "Oh a repeating shotgun, thank you"

... sorry, Rye, I got kind of damp eyed on that one ...

... good memories ...

Archived