SASS Wire Forum

More Cop Humor

Subdeacon Joe

I would rather see those cars than get the $120.00 dollar speeding ticket in the mail here in Toledo Ohio.

Toledo Ohio is the poster child city for Redflex of Az  

Toledo Polce use the hand held video camera to enforce Speed laws in the city .

Expressway over passes are the best places . Very hard to see one Officer standing there.

The mailman delivers a business size envelop to your house with the news of your offense.

You get very clear colored multiple pictures of the rear of your vehicle  with  license plate .

In Ohio this is a no points violation ,just send in your money or challenge in court.

I don't think some of y'all understand, this has nothing to do with radar.

THP will drive on the interstate at the exact speed limit(or 5 mph under) and no one will pass them; thus acting like a pace car. It's beyond frustrating.

1 minute ago, Catlow4697 said:

They can't stop you for passing at the speed limit but some people won't do it anyway

I can't speak to other places, but here in Tennessee 99% won't pass even if the officer is driving under the speed limit.  

I shouldn't complain as it does cut way down on cell phone usage...

I have no problem passing a cop even over the speed limit by a few miles an hour. I also have no problem pleading “not guilty”, questioning the calibration of their speedometers, radars or whatever means they use to detect my speed. Also, I would call the calibration of my own speedometer into question. Their time is just as precious as mine. The longer they sit in court, the longer they are off the street being buttheads.

Traffic Cops are “supposed” to enforce the law, not abuse it or exploit because they can.

If they play games with me I play games back. If everyone did that there be a lot less of this $&@# going on.

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have no problem passing a cop even over the speed limit by a few miles an hour. I also have no problem pleading “not guilty”, questioning the calibration of their speedometers, radars or whatever means they use to detect my speed. Also, I would call the calibration of my own speedometer into question. Their time is just as precious as mine. The longer they sit in court, the longer they are off the street being buttheads.

Traffic Cops are “supposed” to enforce the law, not abuse it or exploit because they can.

If they play games with me I play games back. If everyone did that there be a lot less of this $&@# going on.

I personally know some of the THP's and I don't believe they are doing it on purpose. If I recognize them I'll waive as I pass; the problem is getting to where I can pass because of the other doofuses that won't. 

3 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I personally know some of the THP's and I don't believe they are doing it on purpose. If I recognize them I'll waive as I pass; the problem is getting to where I can pass because of the other doofuses that won't. 

Yep...that is definitely a problem.

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

If I recognize them I'll waive as I pass;

Friday I pulled up next to a Santa Rosa cop at a red light. Rolled down my passenger window and called over to him, "Hope you have a boring day, Officer!"  He laughed and said, "Thank you."

Last year, one of the first warm days we had in March, I was next to a motorcycle cop at a red light,  I said, "Hi, nice day!"  He replied, "Glorious day!  And just think, I get paid to zip around enjoying the weather all day!"  We laughed, and I said, "No disrespect, but 'eff you!'" and we laughed again.  He knew it was good natured banter.  Of course, he also looked to be in his 40s and not some young hotshot who thought he needed to prove something, so he took it in stride.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for our police but in every vocation you have what I call the “10% Factor”. Those are the people that are just buttheads, troublemakers or idiots that give everyone else in that vocation a bad name. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for our police but in every vocation you have what I call the “10% Factor”. Those are the people that are just buttheads, troublemakers or idiots that give everyone else in that vocation a bad name. 

10% seems low

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

10% seems low

I was being nice. I had it at 20% then modified it. ;)

I guess it it depends on the line of work or the assemblage of people.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

LASER is used today;)

They get paid to sit in court-You don't;)

Really-'buttheads' :rolleyes:

FWIW: Most police officer deaths come from routine traffic stops.-_-

OLG

When I worked In Florida LE could not write a ticket for 5mph over or less. Only a warning.

Now, I’m looking through the old roster of the officers who worked for me to recall the 20% who were buttheads and jerks. Having some difficulty with that. I do remember the ones who had valor and lifesaving awards. I do remember the ones who worked with at risk teenagers and the ones who coached little league teams and were scoutmasters.

Darned if I can come up with 20% jerks though. I’ll continue to think about that.

Let the cop bashing continue. I’m gonna have a doughnut. Gotta maintain the stereotype. :P

41 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

When I worked In Florida LE could not write a ticket for 5mph over or less. Only a warning.

Now, I’m looking through the old roster of the officers who worked for me to recall the 20% who were buttheads and jerks. Having some difficulty with that. I do remember the ones who had valor and lifesaving awards. I do remember the ones who worked with at risk teenagers and the ones who coached little league teams and were scoutmasters.

Darned if I can come up with 20% jerks though. I’ll continue to think about that.

Let the cop bashing continue. I’m gonna have a doughnut. Gotta maintain the stereotype. :P

Have two donuts...You are retired....

Texas Lizard

@Utah Bob #35998 I wasn’t referring to the Police, but to Pat’s all vocation post.  I can only think of two jerks out of the hundreds I’ve met over the years. 

Politicians, Lawyers, Computer Programmers and e few others are probably 50-75% jerks so average those with the police to get to 20% over all vocations.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I was thinking that 10%was way high.  Overall maybe 2%  .  Some departments higher, some lower.  And then mostly the new ones who are still trying to figure things out. 

The problem is that even if there is only one bad apple in the group, the downside from dealing with that one bad apple is so egregious.  Go to Google, put in "Canton, Ohio cop verbally abuses motorist with concealed carry permit" and watch the video that was made.  It speaks for itself.

No unpleasant encounters with police officers come to mind at the moment... however, I cannot say the same for game wardens and forest rangers.  <_<

1 hour ago, punxsutawneypete said:

The problem is that even if there is only one bad apple in the group, the downside from dealing with that one bad apple is so egregious.  Go to Google, put in "Canton, Ohio cop verbally abuses motorist with concealed carry permit" and watch the video that was made.  It speaks for itself.

I've seen that one.   Didn't he get fired for that? Even sue to get the video taken  down because it would ruin his reputation and career?  As I recall that officer had a spotty history and had worked for several different departments.  

Almost any group of more than a half dozen people is sure to have at least one idiot in it.  

I was on my way back to San Diego years back, anyway,  along I-8 I kept a close check on the "turn around " areas. Sure enough a Mustang Pace Car came out of the bushes.  I  took my foot off the gas and coasted down the hill.  By the bottom I was doing 55 and he was pacing me.  But, a good  samaritan came to my rescue by passing the Pace Car and me.  The good samaritan was just a  bumpers length ahead of me when the Pace Car lit him up.   Boy was I happy. 

BS

Every police officer that I ever had dealings with has been polite and professional.  It is inevitable that there is a "bad a;;le" somewhere, but I have yet to meet him.

Until I do, I will give all of them the benefit of the doubt.

Duffield

6 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

LASER is used today;)

They get paid to sit in court-You don't;)

Really-'buttheads' :rolleyes:

FWIW: Most police officer deaths come from routine traffic stops.-_-

OLG

Yep. I have encountered lots of cop buttheads. Tell me some of the guys you worked with weren’t buttheads...

So, What does traffic stop deaths have to do with this thread? Is that cop speak for “That’s why we can act like buttheads?”

Personally I think some cops act like buttheads for other reasons. The 10% Factor.

Adios

Archived