SASS Wire Forum

Goatneck Clem

Dusty Boddems

Met him several times over the years!  A true gentleman and a top cowboy.  He'll be missed by the whole community.

So sad to hear this,he really was a good guy,may God bless him and his family.  SCJ

This was sad news when I heard this. Did have a chance to meet him years ago. RIP  Goatneck  Clem and see you up there some where in time.

JRJ

Very sad to hear.

RIP my friend. I met and started shooting with Fred and Travis at the Fort Worth Rifle and Pistol Club long before we knew what CAS was. My condolences to Cindy and Travis, remember the good times and know he is at peace. I don't have any more words. I'm in shock.

Scout

One of the best, and irreplaceable.....

A true friend, tutor and colleague.

Ol'  #4

Now you are at peace with Jesus my dear friend.  You have so many hands to shake and hugs to give in Cowboy Heaven.....maybe even a few head of cattle to pen and work.  Bet you have already given a big hug to Miss Ann.  I know God will give comfort to Cindy, Travis, and the many, many friends that miss you here.  

Fred was a real Texas cowboy complete with a ranch.  He was a good friend, a good man and an active CAS and WB shooter.  He will always be remembered for his great smile, enthusiasm and hard work.  He will be missed. 

3 hours ago, Evil Roy #2883 said:

Fred was a real Texas cowboy complete with a ranch.  He was a good friend, a good man and an active CAS and WB shooter.  He will always be remembered for his great smile, enthusiasm and hard work.  He will be missed. 

Yes indeed...and if you did not want to talk guns and shooting with Fred, then just turn the subject to boots, spurs, bits, chaps/chinks, and/or cowboy history, as Non Stop mentioned, and you could learn a lot.   A true legend in this fine man.

Fred was a great man, our love for the shotgun sports took me him and Travis to some fun shoots together, always respected his drive, when I was down and not feeling good I would always think of what Fred had gone through and made my illness seem insignificant. I will miss him, a true legend is correct.

Tragic news; I remember him well from my days of shooting with the Comanche Valley Vigilantes. (from 1997 to 2001)

I pray for his Soul and for his Family. God Bless,   Hoss C. 

I had the pleasure of meeting Clem this year at Winter Range. We were on the same posse, and now I understand why such  an outpouring of love, and respect is being afforded him. A true gentleman.

Archived