SASS Wire Forum

Goatneck Clem

Dusty Boddems

With a sad and heavy heart I report the passing of a great cowboy Goatneck Clem. He lived large in the sass community and was a positive driving  force in any endeavor he associated with.  An accomplished competitor in cowboy,wild Bunch, sporting clays and several other disciplines.  He was instrumental in the development and expansion of BAMM,match director,,a successful business man,rancher, raised thousands for charity’s, great gunsmith,Teritorial governor,Wild Bunch ambassador,had a great and supportive family and a active Christian. 

He was a friend to all. He will be missed

Prayers up and condolences to Goatneck Clems friends and family. RIP

Sad, sad news indeed. I remember the day I met him at Tin Star Ranch....a true Texas gentleman. Always had a smile and a hug for me in the years since. Gunstock Smith and I will miss him, but rejoice that he had a life well lived and that we were a part of it. Many prayers for his family.

Very sad news. I thought he had licked all his health problems. I pray for Cindy and Travis, that they may find peace amongst their grief.

I enjoyed meeting him and conversing with him very much. A true gentleman. Sorry to hear the news. Darn good cowboy and fine cowboy gunsmith too. He'll be missed.

:(

Our prayers are with him and his family.

Fortunate to meet him and talk with him at EOT last year. RIP Cowboy. Condolences to the family.

Geeez such sad news.  Our thoughts and prayers out for family & friends.

R.I.P Goatneck Clem see you on the range some where up there in time.

I think the following sums up this sad sad occasion. “Think of where mans glory both begins and ends—and say that my glory, was that I had such friends”

Vaya con Dios my mentor and friend. 

The family asked me to post that Fred died yesterday morning at home surrounded by family after a gallant battle with cancer. Funeral arrangements have not been finalized. I will repost when Cindy and Travis have made them and asks me to post. Cindy and Travis appreciate your prayers and ask that those prayers continue during this sad time. 

Justice Lily Kate, SASS #1000

President & CEO, SASS Scholarship Fund

NRA Woman of Distinction

Hall of Fame

I met him at the Southwest Regional, Badlands Bar 3, in 2013.  No reason for him or his family to remember me, but I felt privileged to shake his hand and admire his craftsmanship.

So sad to hear he is gone.

Happy Trails friend!   hugs and sincere condolences for the family,,  I am privileged to be able to call him a friend!!

Never met Goatneck although I'd always wanted to, everyone spoke of such a wonderful man with a wide array of talents & so so  many friends..R.I.P. &  condolences.

Prayers to the family, so very sorry for their loss.  We had been trying to get ahold of him regarding our granddaughters shotgun that he was working on, no wonder we couldn't get him.  Such a sad thing to happen.

Archived