SASS Wire Forum

A New Gun Wagon

All four of our family are shooting now. I have discovered that our current gun cart is just too ungainly and heavy to use for all the shooting irons and accoutrements need to for a buckaroo, a young gun, a cowgirl and a wrangler. Naomi Rose (the Mrs.) and I decided that a wagon would be the best bet for us to haul all our crap important stuff. I have seen several other shooters carts and one thing we want to incorporate into the wagon are slots to hold our pistols. Would anyone have dimensions for the keyhole slots to hold revolvers that they would be willing to share? 

I would like to recommend that you seriously rethink using a wagon. Unless you are going to limit the steering and you are going to get perhaps not a wagon but a 4 wheeled cart with a wide wheel base it may be too easy to tip when moving, especially on rough, uneven or hilly terrain. 

I have a wagon now. I don’t recommend using a wagon. 

Oh, and there is no graceful way to trip over the wagon handle and play it off like you knew it was there...

My 2 cents.

Also take a look at the no nonsense gun carts.   Very small. Two long and a small box for ammo and pistols.  Then you can keep the bigger cart.  Many variables to decide on.

I went back to one of these...I put a quick release on the tow bar and something to lock front turning to the inside when lifting in and out of truck...Was able to drop about 10 pounds changing the wheels...Just needs an upright for long guns...I tried everything to get the weight down and ease of use and came back to one of these...I have learned how change a few things to make it easy for my needs....

Texas Lizard

https://alumacart.net/product-category/carts-wagons/

I got the Little Hercules

4 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

I went back to one of these...I put a quick release on the tow bar and something to lock front turning to the inside when lifting in and out of truck...Was able to drop about 10 pounds changing the wheels...Just needs an upright for long guns...I tried everything to get the weight down and ease of use and came back to one of these...I have learned how change a few things to make it easy for my needs....

Texas Lizard

https://alumacart.net/product-category/carts-wagons/

I got the Little Hercules

Now one of those ought to be good. The axles are wider than the body so it should be more stable. The pneumatic wheels on my wagon sit under the body. Too narrow a footprint.

Archived