SASS Wire Forum

It's a small world, after all...

I was horse trading with a guy on Armslist for a Burnside carbine from the Civil War.  You may recall a few posts I put up about it.  I'm always leery about sending someone a gun or money (or in my case, both!) without knowing whether or not they are trustworthy, so I spoke to him on the phone for a while as we worked out the details of the trade.  I applied all my ex-cop spidey senses and judged him to be an honorable guy, so I went ahead and made the deal.  

He seemed like such a nice guy, I asked him if he was a SASS shooter.  No, he tells me, other than having tried it a few times, but he knows PaleWolf Brunelle from this here very forum!  I reached out to PaleWolf and he verified that indeed my assessment was correct; this guy was honest.

When I got the gun, it was even better than I expected.  He under promised and over delivered, I think, just to keep his name.  

Now I'm working another horse trade with a pard from this forum, too!

That’s good to hear Cyrus. It seems these days we always hear about the negative experiences people have.

3 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

But does that Burnside really exist unless we see pictures of it here in the Saloon?  Let’s s see ‘em!

Seamus

Do a search, pard, I shared them already!  I think the thread was called "new member of the family" or something like that.

Archived