SASS Wire Forum

my dogs

Trigger Mike

I have 3.  One we got when we first moved to south Georgia is a lab, shepherd hienz 57 mix.  a black dog.  slow by nature and his sister ho was more hound always lead him (rest her soul).  we have had him 6 years now.  Our youngest was 1 when we got him and he patiently tolerated her move his face and ears all around and grew up with her.  The other two are yellow labs girls that we got a year later.  one is a runt and often gets left behind at night when the other two go exploring so she barks all around the house looking for them.  The good news is these dogs sit there and watch me go to the woods or to farm and then when I get home patiently walk up hoping I will pet them, BUT when my youngest is now 7 and when she or our 9 year old son go up the long driveway or to the barn or to the chicken pen or to the woods, 2 if not 3 of the dogs will go with them.  I really like how they stay close to the younger 2.  The cats even stay close to the youngest now 7.  I never had dogs much growing up so was never a big fan but these make me glad we got them.

44 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I have 3.  One we got when we first moved to south Georgia is a lab, shepherd hienz 57 mix.  a black dog.  slow by nature and his sister ho was more hound always lead him (rest her soul).  we have had him 6 years now.  Our youngest was 1 when we got him and he patiently tolerated her move his face and ears all around and grew up with her.  The other two are yellow labs girls that we got a year later.  one is a runt and often gets left behind at night when the other two go exploring so she barks all around the house looking for them.  The good news is these dogs sit there and watch me go to the woods or to farm and then when I get home patiently walk up hoping I will pet them, BUT when my youngest is now 7 and when she or our 9 year old son go up the long driveway or to the barn or to the chicken pen or to the woods, 2 if not 3 of the dogs will go with them.  I really like how they stay close to the younger 2.  The cats even stay close to the youngest now 7.  I never had dogs much growing up so was never a big fan but these make me glad we got them.

I can't even imagine my life without a dog in it.  They are amazing creatures.

I haven't had a dog since I was a kid.  She was a border collie and her job was to be with me.  All the time.  Wherever.  Great experience for a kid.

Archived