SASS Wire Forum

On a FB gun site I had a comment to a Mike Beliavau video removed by an Admin (Not by Mike I am sure).

I rcd a standard notification that said Profanity, bullying or abusive posts would be removed.

The evil Aussie profanity I used was............................................... DAMMIT!

Apologies to you all but I just had to say it again to see if I get the same response:P

For context, Mike posted a review on the Pietta Sheriff in .44.

I posted:

"Dammit I had a pair of these on order and after 6 mths was told they would be another 8 mths so I (not sure of exact wording here?) passed/let it go (something like that, no profanity as I recall). Now I may have to get back on that Merry go Round"

I thought my gist was fairly obviously that the review looked so good it was worth my while to try again?

I havent and wont challenge the call, its their club so I play by their rules but it did tickle my funny bone.

Maybe its an auto Admin?

Have y'all heard of the Dammit Gang? They got their name from shooting BP at night. Dammit was as frequent as misses.

They let me in even though I cleaned the match.

You get a Dammit name. Mine was No E Dammit for a while. Then, they changed to Bev Mo Dammit.

Moral of the story is that Dammit has been acceptable on the Wire forums.

(something like that, no profanity as I recall)

Like an Aussie would recall that.  :lol::lol::lol:

Until I was about fourteen I thought Dammit was my first name.

14 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Until I was about fourteen I thought Dammit was my first name.

Uh.... what do you think everybody still says when they see you at the gate shack at Founders :lol:

I had a kitten I raised on a doll bottle.  He thought his name was Dammit Kitty.  Even my mama said it.

Major, perhaps they removed it due to their perception of it being used or spelled incorrectly. 

Try “damn it” next time. :P

I assume the slight misspelling was to get past the auto-censor.  Assuming the correct spelling, "damnit" is, indeed, considered profanity.  Let's also not forget that Americans tend to be much, much more sensitive to profanity than our counterparts in Australia and Europe (my observation, having traveled the world extensively).  My grandmother would disassociate with you forever if she ever heard you utter that word.  

We have a shooter who's SASS name is "Damned Ol Ranger", he got it from Lonesome Dove because Woodrow Call was taken, dammit!!:P

Was at a match in Birmingham and on one stage the line was "D@** Yankee". Mustang who was 10 at the time kept looking at me funny like he was scared he'd get in trouble if he said it. I looked at him and said go for it, I can't think of anyone that hadn't uttered that phrase at least hundred times. 

I did later tell him not to use that word anywhere other than the range.

If something is being 'cursed' or a form of it, the correct word usage would be..... 'damn it'.

But if you want something held back or restricted in flowing, the word usage would be ..... 'dammit'  or Dam it'.

I wouldn't think your 'dammit' would offend anyone.

Obviously, what we have here is a failure to communicate, or better yet, a failure to 

correctly understand communications.  

..........Widder

Archived