SASS Wire Forum

WTS Hornady 366 Progressive Shotgun SPF

Kuna

I have a Hornady 366 prgressive press that I like to sell.  I press will come with bushing for 7/8 1 1/8 and 1 1/2 shot and some powder bushing.  I would like to get $335 shipped  

20190531_182835.jpg

I have the single stage version of this. Much better leverage than my MEC's and easier to adjust. I changed mine so that is loads 2 1/4" shells to work better in my 87 lever shotgun.

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose this is a 12 gauge? 

Do you know when it was made?   Is the shell plate still flat and rotates without dragging?

The 366's are GREAT presses.  Like all shotshell presses, you do have to PAY ATTENTION while you are running them to keep wads, primers, powder and shot filled or (wad) inserted on every cycle.  Very rugged and very adjustable.

Good luck, GJ

Yes it is 12 ga and works fine.  I have been using it for 3/4 oz loads and will include the 3/4 oz shot cup the only reason I am selling it is I have 2 of them.  This one is the newer of the 2 with all stainless parts compared to the other with blue parts.  If you have any other questions let me know.

I don’t know Kuna, and no dog in this hunt. But, I gave a Pacific 366 press, which became the Hornaday 366. Works very well. Built like a tank. Once you kinda get the hang of it you can really crank’em out. Mine makes a very nice tight crimp. 

Drawback Is there is no way to pull a shell out for whatever reason. Once it’s past station 1 in The carousel it’s nearly impossible to take it out. Only way is to take the indexer out and manually back it up. But you should not have to do that often. 

Also, get an aftermarket spring loaded primer seater piston. If you have a mix of types of hulls this will make the adjustment for you. 

I have mine raised on the bench a little, with a hole cut in benchtop where the loaded shells cone out. They drop right in the box I keep them in. I can load about 400 in 2-3 hrs. 

7 hours ago, Kuna said:

Yes it is 12 ga and works fine.  I have been using it for 3/4 oz loads and will include the 3/4 oz shot cup the only reason I am selling it is I have 2 of them.  This one is the newer of the 2 with all stainless parts compared to the other with blue parts.  If you have any other questions let me know.

PM me the place to send money order... you will take a money order, yes?  Or... where in ID are you, I may be traveling along I84 on Friday... west to east, headed to GA.

Archived