SASS Wire Forum

Officers Needed to Run the Fort Club

Silver Cloud

OLD FORT PARKER PATRIOTS are looking for Officers who just resigned.  If interested in working with the Fort by taking charge of the Patriots SASS Club located in Groesbeck, Texas, please contact Sarah, Fort Director, at oldfortparker@aol.com.  Our monthly match will continue as long as we have shooters willing to help write scenarios, run timers, count, and clean up when we are done.   Hope to hear from interested cowboys wanting to support Old Fort Parker Patriots SASS Club.

Newsletter.pdf

44 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

What's the 'back-story' here?:huh:

OLG

Well, I think the back story is they are just wore out. Lots of work for just a handful of folks to do. They got thru their annual match and just said .....enough! My hats off to Kow Katcher, Bent Barrel Betty, Lonesome  Lefty and Wheezy Anna. Those 4, along with Cherokee & Silver Cloud, and a couple others have worked their butts off for that club. The Fort is a unique place to shoot. A nice piece of Texas History for sure. I hope somebody steps up to keep the Patriots alive. 

52 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Well, I think the back story is they are just wore out. Lots of work for just a handful of folks to do. They got thru their annual match and just said .....enough! My hats off to Kow Katcher, Bent Barrel Betty, Lonesome  Lefty and Wheezy Anna. Those 4, along with Cherokee & Silver Cloud, and a couple others have worked their butts off for that club. The Fort is a unique place to shoot. A nice piece of Texas History for sure. I hope somebody steps up to keep the Patriots alive. 

I don't care how tired you are, you finish what you signed up for our you arrange for someone to take your place.

You just don't bail.

Phantom

Phantom, I can not answer those questions.  They tried to resign before and were talked into staying. 

I just know several of us plan to be at the Fort to shoot in June.  We will write scenarios as we go if necessary. 

We will keep things going until someone steps forward.

Silver Cloud

20 minutes ago, Silver Cloud said:

Phantom, I can not answer those questions.  They tried to resign before and were talked into staying. 

I just know several of us plan to be at the Fort to shoot in June.  We will write scenarios as we go if necessary. 

We will keep things going until someone steps forward.

Silver Cloud

I wish you the best...have a lot of great memories shooting at the Fort.

Phantom

On 6/1/2019 at 8:55 AM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I don't care how tired you are, you finish what you signed up for our you arrange for someone to take your place.

You just don't bail.

Phantom

Hey Phantom....I'II bet there was a lot of prior talking by the 4 that resigned in relation to why  they have had enough & need to step away & kept asking for people to  fill their positions, eventually it comes to a head & they  resign. . Yes I know I'm only guessing  but this scenario would be among 'MANY of why some  club officials give it away during a term.

In a perfect world I agree with you  ' finish what you start '..but we all know that's not  possible sometimes.

Jackaroo & Kathouse Kelli are about to fly back over for EOT..get them USA citizenship & I'm sure they would gladly take on positions with the club.:D

3 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Hey Phantom....I'II bet there was a lot of prior talking by the 4 that resigned in relation to why  they have had enough & need to step away & kept asking for people to  fill their positions, eventually it comes to a head & they  resign. . Yes I know I'm only guessing  but this scenario would be among 'MANY of why some  club officials give it away during a term.

In a perfect world I agree with you  ' finish what you start '..but we all know that's not  possible sometimes.

Jackaroo & Kathouse Kelli are about to fly back over for EOT..get them USA citizenship & I'm sure they would gladly take on positions with the club.:D

Of course you are correct and my responses should of taken that into consideration. But I do believe that things in the past has had an affect on the current condition. I do know that there were folks that were large contributors to the running of the Fort that were essentially run out.

As with anything, there are usually two sides to the story... And like I said earlier, I wish the club nothing but the best.

Phantom

On 6/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Of course you are correct and my responses should of taken that into consideration. But I do believe that things in the past has had an affect on the current condition. I do know that there were folks that were large contributors to the running of the Fort that were essentially run out.

As with anything, there are usually two sides to the story... And like I said earlier, I wish the club nothing but the best.

Phantom

Okay who are you and what have you done with the Real Phantom???? Oy

Archived