SASS Wire Forum

4th Gen Short Stroke Kits (2 Used) - $75/per

I have two 4th Gen Jim Bowie Short Stroke Kits (used). They are 3 years old. Selling them for $75 a piece. I will cover shipping if in the United States. As is:) Please email me at jpsanchez27@gmail.com.

both have sold:) 

What's the difference between 4th gen, 5th gen, etc. when you can't go any shorter than the legal sass limit Jon?

11 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

What's the difference between 4th gen, 5th gen, etc. when you can't go any shorter than the legal sass limit Jon?

4th gens include a new hardened steel lever to replace the butter soft Uberti lever. 

Ah, ok thank you, but it's a standard one, not a modified cut and weld job?

I know they are spoken for but are they for small caliber (38/357 etc) or large caliber (38-40, 45 colt etc) because there is a difference. 

10 minutes ago, Too Tall Bob said:

I know they are spoken for but are they for small caliber (38/357 etc) or large caliber (38-40, 45 colt etc) because there is a difference. 

I don't believe it matters for the C&I.

If they are for the large caliber I would take one also!!

Why does everyone believe they have two different sizes? I'll take one either way, but I dont see that there is a difference; what am I missing?

Screenshot_20190531-181737_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b24fce23be534050a1a195fbadca8cc4.jpg

8 minutes ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

http://cowboysandindianstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=28

Here is the link I used, it has click on cal for large and small cal rifles

Rafe 

Seems like I was looking at the wrong place. 

21 minutes ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

I've used the outpost before and they have some good deals, just don't want to see a pard buy the wrong kit and not be able to make it work.

Rafe 

Exactly!!

28 minutes ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

I've used the outpost before and they have some good deals, just don't want to see a pard buy the wrong kit and not be able to make it work.

Rafe 

Well it would be ok in this case as I have a 357 and a 44WCF 1873, but thank you for pointing me to the correct place.

7 minutes ago, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

There is no small and large caliber 4th gen kits. They are the same. 

But the lever must be different surely?

No not caliber specific?? Just a slightly different lever..:unsure:

3 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

No not caliber specific?? Just a slightly different lever..:unsure:

The 4th gen lever is different than a stock lever both dimensionally, and metallurgicaly. But there are only 2 4th gen  1873 kits. One for a straight stock, and one for a pistol grip stock. 

Thank you sir.:D

Never had any experience with a C $ I kit, so I had no idea.

I do notice that the 4th Gen link slots are not straight but have a kink in them? Does that make it run better.?

4 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Never had any experience with a C $ I kit, so I had no idea.

I do notice that the 4th Gen link slots are not straight but have a kink in them? Does that make it run better.?

I don't know if it's the kink that makes them run better or the overall quality of the kit, but the C&I I put on my 1873 is unquestionably better and smoother than the PGW that was previously on it. C&I are the best I've used so far.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:26 PM, Jokers Wild said:

I have two 4th Gen Jim Bowie Short Stroke Kits (used). They are 3 years old. Selling them for $75 a piece. I will cover shipping if in the United States. As is:) Please email me at jpsanchez27@gmail.com.

It begs the question, if they're that good against the opposition, why are you selling them?

Do you think at 3 years they are past their prime?

When the 4th gen kits were very popular, I installed many of them and there was no difference between small caliber and large caliber. The lever was different only between straight stocked

and  pistol grip stock. I feel that the 4th gen kits were some of the best . Johnny M.

No particular reason for the change. 

Archived