SASS Wire Forum

Wild Bunch Match in NW Ohio, June 29!

The Sandusky County Regulators are hosting a Wild Bunch Match at the Sandusky County Sportsmen's Club II in Gibsonburg, OH on June 29th (the fifth Saturday of the month).  We will be shooting five stages.  The round count for the match will be 140 pistol (a minimum of five magazines required), 28 rifle, and 24 shotgun.  We will also be having a BAM (Bolt-Action Military) side match prior to the main match consisting of 10 rounds (two clips) of lead bullet (gas checks are ok) down-loaded ammo fired at steel targets at a distance of approximately 75 - 100 yards.

For those unfamiliar with Wild Bunch matches, there will be a "Intro to Wild Bunch" class held immediately after our monthly Cowboy Action Shooting match on June 8th.

No pre-registration is necessary; simply show up at the range and register as you would for a monthly match.  For more details, please check out our website.  For your convenience, we've posted the stages for the match at the bottom of the main page of our website.

We hope to see you there!

This is gonna be fun! Thanks for running this Catlow! You da man!

We have onsite camping if anyone would like to travel on Friday and spend the night.  We have a few already planning on doing that.

I apologize for the late notice - - - Just found out tonight the Sandusky County Sportsmen's Club has decided NOT to allow onsite camping for monthly matches, although camping is allowed at our 3-day shoot. If you were planning on camping, please note there is a very nice campground only 3 miles from the club. Non-electric sites are just $15 and sites with electric and water are $25. I just checked online and there are plenty of sites available.   You can find more details on the "Hotels & Camping" page of our website

Looks like I won't be coming after all. I had some dental surgery yesterday and I think I'm gonna lay low and rest for a few days! I was looking forward to it too! Oh well, next time!!:(

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Looks like I won't be coming after all. I had some dental surgery yesterday and I think I'm gonna lay low and rest for a few days! I was looking forward to it too! Oh well, next time!!:(

Sorry to hear that was looking forward to shooting with you

3 hours ago, Catlow4697 said:

Sorry to hear that was looking forward to shooting with you

Me too!! 

Just wanted to thank everyone at the Sandusky County Regulators for a fun wild bunch match today.  This was our first time at Sandusky and we had a great time.  Didn’t shoot well, but still had a ton of fun.

I was impressed with the entire range.  Close parking, nice big pavilion, tons of shade, every stage had a nice facade with cover, designated bays for each stage.  I couldn’t find a thing to say bad even if I tried.  

The sad sad part is that after 20 years of shooting CAS this was my first visit here.  Definitely won’t be our last.  Can’t wait to shoot a cowboy match here. 

Thanks again,

Sinola Kid  

21 hours ago, Sinola Kid said:

Just wanted to thank everyone at the Sandusky County Regulators for a fun wild bunch match today.  This was our first time at Sandusky and we had a great time.  Didn’t shoot well, but still had a ton of fun.

I was impressed with the entire range.  Close parking, nice big pavilion, tons of shade, every stage had a nice facade with cover, designated bays for each stage.  I couldn’t find a thing to say bad even if I tried.  

The sad sad part is that after 20 years of shooting CAS this was my first visit here.  Definitely won’t be our last.  Can’t wait to shoot a cowboy match here. 

Thanks again,

Sinola Kid  

My first time also and I was really impressed. They also put a very nice WB match, especially impressive for their first effort. Kudos and thanks to Woody Shootem and everyone else involved. 

Thanks Sinola and Buffy for your kind words and it was great to have you!  Also special thanks to Blackjack Beeson and Catlow  for running our two possees and congrats to Blackjack for his first place overall  finish. Woody had great hope & iniatives for this match and wrote some great stages.  Coming in second he must have practiced at home LOL!! I found out the hard way :( that wildbunch has a huge learning curve but despite the heat still had fun throughout Watching Gus McCall shoot his tommy gun was over the top!!! A shout out to all the crew for their help in set up and tear down. Couldn't get Sassy to shoot it but she had a great time just watching and keeping score... maybe next time.....

Bodene

Archived