SASS Wire Forum

I Became a Full-Time Cowboy Today

After 43 years in education, I turned in my papers today.  Many fellow teachers asked what I was going to do.  Shoot more matches was my reply!  I'm tired of letting this work stuff get in the way of cowboy shooting. 

Congratulations . . . . :excl:

Work gets in the way of too much stuff . . . . stuff that can be FUN.  I quit work'n steady long ago.    Now just work a little occasionally . . . no more that is absolutely necessary . . . . have less "stuff" than a lot of people . . . but am HAPPY . . .  :)

Congratulations 

No More Work

No Overtime

No Bonus

No Vacation 

The retirement check only comes once a month , direct deposit 

I have had to deal with these problems for the last 22 years

Hope you live at least that long

Go shoot all the matches you can 

CATLOW 

I'm about 5 or 6 years behind you. Just being in single digits I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's a nice feeling, that pending freedom…

Congratulations on leaving the work force behind. I doubt very much you will miss the job/employer/bs although in your case will probably miss your students.

Happy Cowboying!

Welcome Aboard.  Your "Weekend" now starts on Monday and Runs thru Friday.  Except for shooting, you stay home on Saturday and Sunday when the rest of the Great Unwashed Masses crowd all the places to go.  Then, as if by magic, the Cubicleites disappear back inside their Cubicles  and leave you to it until the next Saturday.  It's Marvelous.  And  .....  Yule never have beg another Friday off for a Three Day Match ever again.

There is a "Down Side" though.  Your Honey Due List will be expanded to a Honey Due Catalogue :D  

Congratulations Mongo.

And Thanks for hanging around and helping out with our kids and helping them as best possible.

Look forward to seeing you on the range for many years to come.

And Congrats to Miss Kitty Kat also.   She'll probably enjoy your retirement also.

..........Widder

Congratulations! I began retirement in Jan. I'm still getting used to no alarm clock. It's a beautiful adjustment.

Mongo,

I retired 3 1/2 years ago,and I still haven't finished that. "When I retire I'm going to..."list.But my shooting time has increased greatly and my grown children wonder why I wasn't this relaxed while they were growing up.

Enjoy your retirement ,you've certainly earned it.

Good for you.  We need to enjoy our time while we can.  You never know what can happen.  Every day is a gift and we need to enjoy each one.  Congrats.

Enjoy!

I retired from a journeyman pipefitter job in 2000, and then the Montana DOJ two years ago. Filed for social security, and lovin' it!

Eleven matches so far this year, with two more coming up this weekend. :)

6 hours ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Enjoy!

I retired from a journeyman pipefitter job in 2000, and then the Montana DOJ two years ago. Filed for social security, and lovin' it!

Eleven matches so far this year, with two more coming up this weekend. :)

11 matches so far this year??????

Jealous!

I work weekends so I'm lucky to get 11 matches including monthlies in two full years!

Jealous!!!!

:D

I thought I was going to retire  this year but I bought a house so it will be 2 more years

It's been just shy of two years since they started paying me to stay home. Best job I've ever had! On the other hand, if they had known how good they had it by paying me to stay home they might've tried it long before!

Ditto on the busy part. I'm still having trouble figuring out how I had time to work...

Archived