SASS Wire Forum

Looking Sharp

Subdeacon Joe

Hahahaha! :lol:

As I said to my Daughter when she joined the RAAF- The Airforce is where you go when you cant handle the discipline of the Public Service;)

I have worn the same Beret for 26 years now (yeah its a little beat up and faded:wub: it was a gift from one of the best Tank Comds and Commanding Officers I have ever met) and I would cut my head off before I discraced it like that:blush:

Maybe it was windy and he wanted to keep his lid on.

Actually he is wearing his glasses and beret that way due to an injury received in battle. If you look closely you can see that his right ear is prosthetic.

Notice how he walks in the video the screen grab was taken from.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/thousands-of-graves-decorated-for-ceremony-this-is-the-day-for-those-who-could-not-be-here-/2031517338

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Actually he is wearing his glasses and beret that way due to an injury received in battle. If you look closely you can see that his right ear is prosthetic.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/thousands-of-graves-decorated-for-ceremony-this-is-the-day-for-those-who-could-not-be-here-/2031517338

AAAHHHH crap!

Now I feel like a bum, BUT, it still looks garbage:blush:

9 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

AAAHHHH crap!

Now I feel like a bum, BUT, it still looks garbage:blush:

Yeah. Who knew though?

Props to him.

12 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Possibly combat wounds. Can’t say for sure. Good for him though.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:10 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I know this will offend some, but I think the beret is the STUPIDEST head gear ever invented.  IT even made Maynard G. Krebs look smart by comparison.

Made me look awesome!

13 minutes ago, Flanigan Flats said:

821E5A4B-78F9-407A-881F-153F03802673.jpeg

Query. Why are three guys in Army camouflage?

Air Force is in the process of transitioning to the  OCP/Multi-Cam uniform. This picture was taken a few days after we we were authorized to start wearing that uniform stateside. 

We have been wearing it in Deployed locations for several years.

Archived