SASS Wire Forum

A SASS Member Demonstrates Being a Jerk

being in business leaves you in the 'bad customer' situation on a regular basis , does not ever make it pleasant or satisfactory in the dealing with it , but you deal with it and look at all your good experiences to keep doing what you chose to do , 

being a bad customer comes n so many forms - being a bad SASS member only comes in that form - luckily ive not really had a lot of experience here - we really dont need the bad publicity 

winning a prize or getting a gift ..........why make that a bad thing ? have we become so entitled in this century that we no longer appreciate such a thing ? if so maybe the prizes and gifts should go away ...do it for the fun of the experience 

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

being in business leaves you in the 'bad customer' situation on a regular basis , does not ever make it pleasant or satisfactory in the dealing with it , but you deal with it and look at all your good experiences to keep doing what you chose to do , 

being a bad customer comes n so many forms - being a bad SASS member only comes in that form - luckily ive not really had a lot of experience here - we really dont need the bad publicity 

winning a prize or getting a gift ..........why make that a bad thing ? have we become so entitled in this century that we no longer appreciate such a thing ? if so maybe the prizes and gifts should go away ...do it for the fun of the experience 

There were people that felt entitled in every past century...

PS: SASS population ain't any different then the rest of the population.

People are individuals, some are further out there than others. I try to show appreciation to donors and sponsors. If I don't like something I get for free I just keep my mouth shut. Kind of like winning, people need to be good winners and good losers. Our time is limited make the best of it and lead by example.

7 hours ago, Assassin said:

People are individuals, some are further out there than others. I try to show appreciation to donors and sponsors. If I don't like something I get for free I just keep my mouth shut. Kind of like winning, people need to be good winners and good losers. Our time is limited make the best of it and lead by example.

In this game there are very few losers.  We just spent 2 pages talking about one.

13 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

PS: SASS population ain't any different then the rest of the population.

Actually, I find a 'way lower percentage of jerks than in the population as a whole.  Oh, we've got a few, but we generally manage to run them off fairly quickly.  Those that remain are beyond hope and best avoided.

14 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

In this game there are very few losers.  We just spent 2 pages talking about one.

Makes me wonder if anyone will post one of those.... "I resemble that remark"   comment..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

8 hours ago, MizPete said:

Actually, I find a 'way lower percentage of jerks than in the population as a whole.  Oh, we've got a few, but we generally manage to run them off fairly quickly.  Those that remain are beyond hope and best avoided.

We are around a small group when we shoot and then usually for only a few hours. We don't get to truly know these folks...

While it's nice to think that our population is different, it's more than likely not. Ruffle a feather or two and you'll see a side of folks that you would never think existed. Then there's social media where folks can pretend to be anything.

Phantom

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

We are around a small group when we shoot and then usually for only a few hours. We don't get to truly know these folks...

While it's nice to think that our population is different, it's more than likely not. Ruffle a feather or two and you'll see a side of folks that you would never think existed. Then there's social media where folks can pretend to be anything.

Phantom

Truer words never spoken

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Ruffle a feather or two and you'll see a side of folks that you would never think existed. Then there's social media where folks can pretend to be anything.

Phantom

Humm I've never tried that. How's that working out? ;)

How about these guys who give out free passes to the next big match, only to then turn around and not include free air fare/lodging for we out of towners!!!!  Of course I realize that this could be a financial hardship for some clubs but at least they could send a driver and request that he let us stay at his home when we arrive back......

I know Phantom's right but I have had such rewarding experiences playing cowboy.  We've done this for a couple of decades and, I have to say, the game itself may  not be as much fun as when we were new (familiarity breeds contempt?) but we will do this until we die because cowboy matches is where all our friends are.  Mind you, if you jump up and down on my ex-husband nerve -- and it's always about doing something NOT The Cowboy Way -- I can go from Southern Belle to your worst nightmare quicker'n' you can say 'bless your heart.'  But I don't know of any other group where I could take my grandsons, let 'em run loose (with admonitions not to be a problem to anybody), leave my doors unlocked, share what we got til it's gone then either go get more or go home, walk other people's dogs, shoot for a couple hours then enjoy 'campfire' until dark, drink a little more than is wise then have total strangers put you in your truck and drive you to your hotel, suffer a loss and have the herd circle around...you get the idea.  Cowboys is generally good people.  Maybe that's why it's so hard when one is not.

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

I know Phantom's right but I have had such rewarding experiences playing cowboy.  We've done this for a couple of decades and, I have to say, the game itself may  not be as much fun as when we were new (familiarity breeds contempt?) but we will do this until we die because cowboy matches is where all our friends are.  Mind you, if you jump up and down on my ex-husband nerve -- and it's always about doing something NOT The Cowboy Way -- I can go from Southern Belle to your worst nightmare quicker'n' you can say 'bless your heart.'  But I don't know of any other group where I could take my grandsons, let 'em run loose (with admonitions not to be a problem to anybody), leave my doors unlocked, share what we got til it's gone then either go get more or go home, walk other people's dogs, shoot for a couple hours then enjoy 'campfire' until dark, drink a little more than is wise then have total strangers put you in your truck and drive you to your hotel, suffer a loss and have the herd circle around...you get the idea.  Cowboys is generally good people.  Maybe that's why it's so hard when one is not.

Don't get me wrong, the whole atmosphere of SASS/CAS is somewhat unique... But people are people...ya know?

Phantom

21 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Dang! I wish I knew that earlier. Well, I know it now.  I'm one of the best shooters in the world (in my mind, LOL). ;)

Okay... Let me be a bit more specific.

Folks can portray any personality they want on social media...

:P

Archived