SASS Wire Forum

Smokey Dave finally gets to shoot!

Smokey Dave

I was finally able to attend my first shoot at The Cajon Cowboys yesterday. Beartrap and Razorback Red, took me under their wing , and gave me expert guidance. Everyone I met was absolutely amazing. I felt like I'd been part of the family forever. Thank you all so much for making it the best day ever!

Wish I would have met you. That was a fun match. Welcome to many more.

Thanks Dawg! I agree 100%!!

Were you there Yul? I'm sorry I missed you! I'm certain our paths will cross again. 

Hope they're not getting wet up there today. Weather is pretty gloomy today.

55 minutes ago, Smokey Dave said:

Thanks Dawg! I agree 100%!!

Were you there Yul? I'm sorry I missed you! I'm certain our paths will cross again. 

Hope they're not getting wet up there today. Weather is pretty gloomy today.

Cajon ain’t a lot of fun when it’s raining and the wind is coming up the canyon. Yesterday was a beautiful day at Cajon.

Yes Sir, it was a beautiful day yesterday.

I'm going to have to come down and see you guys in Escondido. I'm just up the road from you in Menifee.

Just now, Griff said:

WOOHOO!!!!  BP for his 1st match!!  

Yeeha! And LOTS of wind blowing to help him out!

Seems like the wind stops when it's my turns to shoot...

Oh wait... let's not get carried away... they were "suppository pistols!

9 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Me thinks the hook is set.........;)

Kiss your savings account bu-bye. :lol:

OLG

From what I could tell, the hook was set BEFORE he went to a match.

2 hours ago, Smokey Dave said:

Yes Sir, it was a beautiful day yesterday.

I'm going to have to come down and see you guys in Escondido. I'm just up the road from you in Menifee.

We’d love to see you down here. Our annual match, The Raid By The Lake, is this coming Saturday June, 1st. Quite a few shooters from your area shoot up at Norco with the Cowboys on the fourth Sunday, except May, November and December.

Thanks a lot fellas, you guys are all correct! The hook is set!!!!!

Griff, technically my pistols are C&B, converted to suppository. As soon as my 72's are in my possession from the FFL, they will be converted back to C&B. I will only be shooting BP, whether C&B or cartridge. I LOVE IT!!!! I just didn't want to add the extra time involved with the C&B pistols for my first time out. As it was, I was nervous as hell! I didn't want to add to it by messing with the C&B guns.

I'm sure I was a slowpoke, but everyone was very patient with me. I really appreciate it too. It was really a fantastic group of people. 

Oh, and Hillbilly Drifter, I put those guns to the test yesterday. Thank you again for hooking me up! 

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Cajon ain’t a lot of fun when it’s raining and the wind is coming up the canyon. Yesterday was a beautiful day at Cajon.

Sometimes even a little fire....

Texas Lizard

Got to make back to that one...

Welcome to the game Smokey Dave and congrats on shooting yer first match.  Glad you had a good time.  There will be many more.

Archived