SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Three Foot Johnson

9 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

So... if the hammer spring broke after shot #8, the call would be a P and two misses??

You're looking at what happens AFTER shot 8.

That's irrelevant. It's shot 8 that put the shooter in a corner.

Phantom

17 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

don't we use the word "engage" and not hit?  he engaged the last target twice, no other option except to engage any other target, which would still earn the P

Actually when there is a miss the flow chart says "were the targets HIT in the correct order except for any misses?"

Stan

1 hour ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

Actually when there is a miss the flow chart says "were the targets HIT in the correct order except for any misses?"

Stan

with the eighth shot, they were not hit in the correct order,,,  so answer is no,,,,,the eighth shot left no way to engage the last two correctly

Maybe, just maybe there is another situation similar.  The stage calls for split pistols.  The shooter  forgets to move and cocks his second  revolver when the TO says move.  To save a SDQ he shoots it into the bank for a miss plus procedural or leans and hits the target from the correct bank of targets for the second pistol and just takes a procedural.  I realize there is a safety element in this example that is not in the original post.  It does however show a skill in knowing ways out of a stage dq.   I am not sure I buy into his intent to cheat the rules but rather realize the mistake and take a miss according to the rules.   Just another way of looking at it.  Would you have thought to do this on the clock.  I would not have.  I realize some of you would so don't hang me.  In previous threads many of us professed that we are gamers.  I am not going to throw the first rock.

3 hours ago, Kirk James said:

Maybe, just maybe there is another situation similar.  The stage calls for split pistols.  The shooter  forgets to move and cocks his second  revolver when the TO says move.  To save a SDQ he shoots it into the bank for a miss plus procedural or leans and hits the target from the correct bank of targets for the second pistol and just takes a procedural.  I realize there is a safety element in this example that is not in the original post.  It does however show a skill in knowing ways out of a stage dq.   I am not sure I buy into his intent to cheat the rules but rather realize the mistake and take a miss according to the rules.   Just another way of looking at it.  Would you have thought to do this on the clock.  I would not have.  I realize some of you would so don't hang me.  In previous threads many of us professed that we are gamers.  I am not going to throw the first rock.

yes you could do that, if the angle allowed, why not shoot the target you just did, you already bought the P,,  or dump that round into the dirt, move, reload,,, save the miss, but still have the P 

3 hours ago, Kirk James said:

Maybe, just maybe there is another situation similar.  The stage calls for split pistols.  The shooter  forgets to move and cocks his second  revolver when the TO says move.  To save a SDQ he shoots it into the bank for a miss plus procedural or leans and hits the target from the correct bank of targets for the second pistol and just takes a procedural.  I realize there is a safety element in this example that is not in the original post.  It does however show a skill in knowing ways out of a stage dq.

That scenario (and options)  is covered in the SHB p.17.

4 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

dang PWB..... you're up awful early this morning.

I'm guessing its 5 or 6 a.m. your time.

Hope you have a good day!

..........Widder

How about 4:40am.

Archived