SASS Wire Forum

3 Billboards?

Dantankerous

I had not seen the movie before and last night rented and watched 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. 

I can't figure out if this was a really good movie or a really bad movie :o. It was certainly dark and depressing but the story very well told and well acted. The movie had a fantastic cast and  you never could quite figure where the story was taking you and it ended leaving the viewer with about the same feeling as No Country for Old Men did. 

Although I enjoyed the movie and it's one of those movies I'll probably watch again in the future I don't think I will ever need to own this one ;). Maybe after viewing it a second time the story will resonate better or at least not seem so depressing. Maybe though, it's supposed to be even though there's almost a semblance of  something good somehow emanating or evolving from all the rest of the story's ongoing struggle for the characters to find any happiness or salvation?

I finally watched it a while back.  Mainly because it was so critically acclaimed.  I didn't know anything else about the movie.  I didn't care for it and see no reason to ever watch it again.  It reinforced my feelings that any "critically acclaimed" movie isn't worth watching.

That's just my two cents worth.

Angus

I liked it.  The characters rearranged themselves; those that were “enemies” at first later became, if not friends, at least cooperating conspirators.  Complex and unpredictable characters with sharply written dialogue.  Challenging roles for the actors.  The Cohens have a deft touch.  I don’t need a happy ending for every movie.  The problems faced by those characters continued after the “The End”.

I liked it. 

Archived