SASS Wire Forum

WTB 1st gen colt SAA 7.5”

Howdy all. Just trying to scratch an itch I’ve had for awhile now. Looking for a first gen cavalry colt in 45, but will consider 44-40. Made somewhere around 1885-1915. Walnut grips preferable. They don’t have to be original to the gun, but I would like them to have aged closely with it. Probably a long shot, but can’t hurt to try, yeah? So whatcha got folks? 

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
12 hours ago, Zach Taylor,SASS#14359 said:

Better bring money.

Lots of money.  :FlagAm:

12 hours ago, Zach Taylor,SASS#14359 said:

Better bring money.

46 minutes ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

Lots of money.  :FlagAm:

Thanks for the insight, gentlemen. And here I was expecting uberti prices. 

Im also willing to entertain guns that are not in the original configuration as long as it meets the look I’m searching for and is a good shooter too. Thanks. 

Ist gen Colts in shootable condition I  have seen some from $3,000 up  My  early Colts  cost me $500.00  of course that was 30 yrs ago  Good luck with your Quest and pictures if you find one please. :FlagAm:

You said you were looking for a Colt SAA   do you mean a clone ? There is  big difference in price .

1 hour ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

You said you were looking for a Colt SAA   do you mean a clone ? There is  big difference in price .

I assure you, if there's anyone on this forum that know exactly what he's looking for AND knows the difference between a Colt and a clone; it's Redwood  Kid El Hombre Sin Nombre. 

He wants a real deal, 1st Gen COLT.

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I assure you, if there's anyone on this forum that know exactly what he's looking for AND knows the difference between a Colt and a clone; it's Redwood  Kid El Hombre Sin Nombre. 

I  thought he knew but he did mention Uberti prices I take it he was just  making a bit of humor.:FlagAm:

7 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I like Redwood Kid better, much easier to spell.:D

8 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Thanks partner. You know me too well

3 hours ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

I  thought he knew but he did mention Uberti prices I take it he was just  making a bit of humor.:FlagAm:

I was attempting (apparently unsuccessfully) to be funny after the prepare to pay a lot comments. 

3 hours ago, levi littleton said:

Ya, the Kids' a funny guy :)

Takes one to know one eh?

20 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I like Redwood Kid better, much easier to spell.:D

That it is. And pronounce. But after successfulling pulling off the fistful of dollars pistol reload not once but twice, I had no other choice but to change the name. At least I didn’t use “hung” anywhere in my new name yeah? Haha 

2 hours ago, C. W. Knight # 47289L said:

There are several  Gen 1's on Gunsinternational.  C. W.  :FlagAm:

Thanks. I don’t have that any experience dealing with GI. Yet anyway. I generally prefer to deal with cowboys if I can since they are a trustworthy group. I’ll spend some time checking them out. 

1 hour ago, cowrustler said:

El Hombre, the buyer's remorse more likely was attributed to the state you choose to live in, cowrustler

It’s entirely possible. Though the dozen colts in my safe that all came across state lines keep telling me otherwise 

Since I picked up two original 92’s and an original ‘86 today and am considering an engraved 1st gen sherif’s model I would consider selling it. I was told it was worked on by Frontier Classics a long time ago. I was also told it has all original parts and if I remember correctly it was shipped in 1883 as a civilian model with fancy walnut grips. Ed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 1st Gen Colt in 7 1/2 in bbl but was shipped in 1877 (if I remember the letter correctly) to dealer in NYC.  Also, nickled and ivory grips so doesn't really match your criteria.  Mechanically seems to be excellent. I've never broken it down but have no reason to believe it is not all original.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Archived