Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984

Nachos? What is your minimum?

Recommended Posts

I am not asking about your “people are coming, let’s go shopping recipe.” It needs ten or more ingredients 

 

It’s 9pm, your favorite show will be on soon, you feel like some nachos. What is your minimum requirement? Chips and cheese? Salsa? What else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am messy. I stick with popcorn or ice cream. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corn chips, can of re-fried beans, can of diced tomatoes and grated cheese.

 

Heat the beans and tomatoes in a saucepan and melt cheese of choice on the corn chips in the microwave (30 seconds).

 

You can add salsa to the beans if you want more flavor.

 

Put sour cream and avocado on top if you have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheese, pickled jalapeños, salsa, sliced avocados or guacamole and sour cream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heat the refrieds, dump into bowl, top with shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream or greek yogurt, and sliced scallions.  If I have avocados on hand they go over the salsa and under the sour cream.  Serve with chips. *

*I HATE putting down chips, then dumping the stuff on top.  Chips get soggy and, towards the end, all you have are soggy chips with almost nothing on them.  More like a layed dip than "Nachos."  

Kind of amazing how they have evolved from simple fried tortilla chips, individually topped with cheese, then heated, and a slice of pickled jalapeno added, to the gloppy mess we have today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not recall, in my entire life, ever eating a nacho anything.  Nothing against them...and with my Swiss cheese memory I may have eaten something with "nacho" in its title...it just never came across my plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chips and salsa will do it for me in a pinch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Heat the refrieds, dump into bowl, top with shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream or greek yogurt, and sliced scallions.  If I have avocados on hand they go over the salsa and under the sour cream.  Serve with chips. *

*I HATE putting down chips, then dumping the stuff on top.  Chips get soggy and, towards the end, all you have are soggy chips with almost nothing on them.  More like a layed dip than "Nachos."  

Kind of amazing how they have evolved from simple fried tortilla chips, individually topped with cheese, then heated, and a slice of pickled jalapeno added, to the gloppy mess we have today.

YES!!  I used to point that out fairly often , but most of the people I pointed that fact out to didn't care , so I've pretty much given up on it. I liked the original version way better than what passes for nachos now days.

Rex :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

YES!!  I used to point that out fairly often , but most of the people I pointed that fact out to didn't care , so I've pretty much given up on it. I liked the original version way better than what passes for nachos now days.

Rex :D

 

If you look at restaurant or ballpark nachos you get a huge mound of chips, cost maybe 25¢, and maybe a cup total of the cheese and other toppings, cost maybe 50¢, all for the low, low price of $7.50 (or more).

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

If you look at restaurant or ballpark nachos you get a huge mound of chips, cost maybe 25¢, and maybe a cup total of the cheese and other toppings, cost maybe 50¢, all for the low, low price of $7.50 (or more).

 

$7.50?  At the ballpark?  That IS cheap.  I think they're $7.95 at the movie theater.

 

For me it's chips, lots of cheese and lots of jalapenos.  

 

Angus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

 

$7.50?  At the ballpark?  That IS cheap.  I think they're $7.95 at the movie theater.

 

For me it's chips, lots of cheese and lots of jalapenos.  

 

Angus

 

No idea,  really.   A couple of restaurants around here have simple nachos for 7 or 8 bucks.  I haven't been to a ballpark in ages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.