SASS Wire Forum

That was strange

Alpo

About a month ago I paid my mechanic. Took all my cash. I get a better price when I pay him cash.

This wasn't a big problem, as I seldom go anywhere, and I normally buy everything with my credit card. But I noticed I was getting a little shaggy, and decided I needed a haircut. My barber does not take credit. I therefore needed to get some money.

I go to the bank. The bank is closed. Hurricane damage. There is, however, on the far side of the parking lot a trailer, with a sign saying that it was the temporary bank.

I go inside and tell the young man behind the counter that I wish $150 to be withdrawn from my checking account. He asks me my account number. He does not wish to see any ID showing that I am, in fact, me. He asked me if there is any particular way I would like to have the money. I told him no, assuming that I would get six 20s and three 10s. This is how I would normally be given that amount of money at the bank.

He hands me a C-note and a 50.

When they ask and you answer it don't matter, you will get $100 and $50. I usually tell them when I want the $100 bills. Which is what I get for my stash money.

Previously, the only time I would get hundred dollar bills (unless I specifically asked for hundred dollar bills) would be when I was withdrawing more than $300.

300, 500, a thousand - they would give me hundreds, but even then the last two hundred would be in 20s, with the last forty being 10s.

Archived