SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a coach gun

Hello everyone.  I am still pretty new to to all this, but a coach gun is the last thing I need to start shooting.  I am looking for a external hammer coach gun, and am having a lot of trouble finding one that isn't a Chinese POS.  Anyone have any recommendations on where to look, or one they don't shoot anymore and would be willing to sell?

“Chinese POS” is a harsh blanket statement..lol.

In reality the Chinese products range from “runny poo” through “this Is worth what you paid for it”.

There are lot of folks using TTN and the current models being imported by Cimarron - I have a couple and they run great. You can get one and have it tuned or not - there are pre-tuned ones available also from Evil Roy’s website and others.

I have a Remington, Russian import. It has had one smokeless round out of each barrel to test it when I bought it. Has removable chokes and REAL hammers. Excellent condition, as good as new. You can see what I paid for it over ten years ago on the box end. I want $525. shipped with insurance to your FFL

20190524_123623 - Copy.jpg

20190524_123640.jpg

20190524_123330_LI.jpg

I have the cimarron 1878 hammered coach gun and it runs fine. was a little picky about what ammo it would shuck at first but after polishing the chambers it's running fine. Check with your local gun shop to see what they can order in for you. or just keep watching the classifieds here. 

2 hours ago, Wayward Slim said:

Hello everyone.  I am still pretty new to to all this, but a coach gun is the last thing I need to start shooting.  I am looking for a external hammer coach gun, and am having a lot of trouble finding one that isn't a Chinese POS.  Anyone have any recommendations on where to look, or one they don't shoot anymore and would be willing to sell?

I'd argue that you don't need anything to start shooting. Go to a match, let the Match Director of the club know you're coming and don't have a shotgun; I guarantee someone will let you borrow one for the match. I'd also recommend bring a couple of boxes of Winchester AA's, because folks will be shoving shotguns at you to try all day long. 

Wayward Slim,

I have a Huglu " Durango " 12ga, 20"barrels they are sold by CZ- USA at this time.

This is a high  end shot gun That sell for $850.00 to $900.00

You can look it up on the CZ-USA web sight.

I can take photos if you PM your E-address to me also your phone number as I talk better than I type. 

I would take $ 625.00 Shipped to your FFl.

Thanks,

Fallon

Thanks for all the replies.  I guess I should have been more specific, the Chinese POS I am trying to avoid is the CIA one I keep seeing.  Didn't mean to sound so harsh in my first post.  :)  I would love a Cimarron if I could find one.  The CZ coach guns do look nice, and I might go that route if nothing else comes up. 

I have three new Cimarron 1878's in 12ga and one Rossi hammered double in 20ga.

They all have my action work on them. If interested contact me at johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

Thank you, Johnny M.

]]]

3 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

Slim

Hammers are great for looken, not fer shootin.  There is a reason they moved to internal hammers

unfortunately as for me i will be shootin' cowboy classic and it requires ext. hammers. i invested time into research and repurposing clothing to be 1870-1910 or there about and would hate to not shoot CC...

one day though ill stick to my Rossi stagecoach i bought in the mid 90's

12 minutes ago, Loosechange said:

unfortunately as for me i will be shootin' cowboy classic and it requires ext. hammers. i invested time into research and repurposing clothing to be 1870-1910 or there about and would hate to not shoot CC...

one day though ill stick to my Rossi stagecoach i bought in the mid 90's

You need to contact Johnny Meadows above. If I didn't already have a hammered double slicked it by him I'd be getting one of the 3 he has; he does a great job on them.

9 hours ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

I have three new Cimarron 1878's in 12ga and one Rossi hammered double in 20ga.

They all have my action work on them. If interested contact me at johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

Thank you, Johnny M.

]]]

The last of the Johnny Meadow’s shotguns.  I’d jump on this.

Archived