SASS Wire Forum

Disclaimer

Alpo

We've all seen them. At the beginning of a book or a TV show or a movie.

"This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real people is a coincidence."

That kind of thing.

I found the following in a book I just got.

Opinions expressed are those of the sometimes screwed-up characters, and do not necessarily reflect those of the author, though some may reflect the opinions of the author's dog. Author has already told said puppy not to be a jerk. Dog responded by eating author's new boots. Good luck suing that slobbery punk.

Like the commercials "These are real people not actors". I guess according to this statement actors are not people.:lol:

15 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

Like the commercials "These are real people not actors". I guess according to this statement actors are not people.:lol:

Have you ever doubted that they are really NOT "real people"?

They spend their lives pretending to be "real people", but they go where they are directed to go and move the way they are supposed to move, speak words that are written for them in a way that someone else finds appropriate to the role, wear clothes that are made available to them, live where they are told to live (at least on screen), they have cars given to them to drive while acting, eat the food that the script calls for, and so on

Is this how "real people" behave?.

Watched a movie the other night-Texas Killing Fields. After the main credits there was one that said: Based on actual events. The only similarity between the movie and actual events was that there were several bodies found in an area outside Texas City that was dubbed "The Killing Fields".

I instantly knew it WASN'T filmed in Texas City or anywhere near(Louisiana, actually). The events in the movie were complete fiction.

It wasn't too bad, as these things go, BUT, why say it's based on actual evenys when it ISN'T??

Hollyweird. Sigh.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Have you ever doubted that they are really NOT "real people"?

They spend their lives pretending to be "real people", but they go where they are directed to go and move the way they are supposed to move, speak words that are written for them in a way that someone else finds appropriate to the role, wear clothes that are made available to them, live where they are told to live (at least on screen), they have cars given to them to drive while acting, eat the food that the script calls for, and so on

Is this how "real people" behave?.

After 29 1/2 years in L.E., 20 as a Homicide Defective yep, seen how "real people" behave:lol::lol:

Archived