SASS Wire Forum

Platte Valley Gunslingers 2020 Match

StirrupTrouble

We just wanted to let you guys know that our 2020 annual will no longer be held in April. I was able to do some horse trading with the other venues (trading some of my labor for working some of their matches in trade for a better month). Now, SASS has told us that we will not officially know if we got the state championships until September, but the chances look good, but we are planning as if it is a state shoot. If it goes to a different club, we will still be having the same events for the shooters.

We are changing one thing on the banquet. The past two years the banquet has been held at the main building of Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer. I was able to do some negotiations with them and was able to secure a cool change for the shooters. In 2020, the banquet will be held right in the middle of Railroad Town. So not only will you get to dress like a cowboy or in your 1800s best for the banquet, but you will be enjoying the meal in the middle of and 1880s town! Also, all shooters will receive a day pass to tour all of the grounds, buildings, living history, and displays.

https://www.stuhrmuseum.org/

After day one of shooting, Friday evening will be a potluck and poker tournament, which all funds raised going to the prop/town fund.

Tentative, but relatively firm dates are as follows:

July 16-18, 2020 Main match (12 stages and side matches)

July 19, 2020 BP Championship (7 stages)

On a side note, we received approval from the city to build a dedicated cowboy town. Now we have a lot of dirt work and other work to do before we can get started, and the city engineers have to approve the berm design first, but we got the go ahead and an area of the parksecured for us. This is probaly a several year project, but good news.

Way to go. Congratulations on all you and the people out there have gotten accomplished. Some of it may be several years away yet...but great news. Continued best wishes.

Archived