SASS Wire Forum

Buds selling Cannabis Oil now ...

Patagonia Pete

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Anyone else see the irony here? :lol:

Noooo ... I don't get it!! Help me ...

I'm still in shock. They are even selling it on Amazon ... cures everything. Dump your ibuprofen bottles .. replace with hemp oil??!? default_eatdrink.gif.8024a6193a8bf02de1a13150bc075a3c.gif

Been working on my trip planner for out west and just had to shake my head while on roads in Oregon and Washington. Saw these shops with different names and would click on them. Marijuana shops to buy your weed, I was not use to seeing such things coming from Missouri. But, someday this state will also have dope shops so said to say.:(

Why?
Because Bud's is a gun shop, not located in California, but has California products in stock.

Thanks, but I'm not interested in a standard Stoeger.

I spent 15 years resisting drug use because my parents, my church, my school, my country and everyone else for whom I had respect told me that it was bad for me, physically and emotionally, and because my own brain told me that avoidance was the better choice.  I spent another 15 years convincing my son of the same thing, and hoping that he would reach the same conclusions; he did.  And now along come the pandering politicians, with the full support of money-grubbing "entrepreneurs" and those who value escapism and mental distortion above all else, and tell us "Never mind....you were all wrong...hemp is fine....try some...you'll like it!".

And your on-line gun dealer is now your on-line drug dealer.

That's the end of that relationship, as far as I am concerned.

LL

We may have a tempest in a teapot here. 

Cannabis plants produce THC and  CBD.  Marijuana and hemp are the same species.  Marijuana plants have been optimized to produce max THC (the stuff that gets you high).  Regular hemp (for ropes and other fibers) contains less/little THC.  This oil is a hemp extract, used for the CBD.  In this state, AZ, it must have less than 0.3% THC (essentially none). 

Used both topically and internally, it helps with chronic pain and inflamation.  It may prove to be useful in treatment of things from Altzheimer's to cancer to anxiety.

It ain't marijuana.  BUD's is not selling dope.

Try it before you condemn it.  My Mother's 84 year old boyfriend started taking CBD oil in December when his family was ready to put him into hospice care.  he drove to Nashville, from Memphis and attended my son's graduation last weekend and  looked better than he has in years.

If you don't want to try it-that's fine.  If you don't believe in it that is fine too.  I've seen a number of people taking CBD oil that have had remarkable health improvement with little to no other change in their diet or activity.  It absolutely does not get you high-not in any quantity, nor can you overdose on it.  It has helped me considerably with joint pain (unavoidable pun) when I have been diligent about it's use.

2 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Try it before you condemn it.  My Mother's 84 year old boyfriend started taking CBD oil in December when his family was ready to put him into hospice care.  he drove to Nashville, from Memphis and attended my son's graduation last weekend and  looked better than he has in years.

If you don't want to try it-that's fine.  If you don't believe in it that is fine too.  I've seen a number of people taking CBD oil that have had remarkable health improvement with little to no other change in their diet or activity.  It absolutely does not get you high-not in any quantity, nor can you overdose on it.  It has helped me considerably with joint pain (unavoidable pun) when I have been diligent about it's use.

Correct, and I'm a retired cop and believe in the usage for true medical usage. A very close friend came up with stage 4 liver cancer which was spreading rather quickly. Given 3 months so they started chemo along with the CBD from marijuana. This is at a VA Hospital. That 3 months expired 6 months ago and the doctors are amazed he is still around. The mass stopped growth and another is shrinking. 

I was just having a laugh over the irony of it all...  a gun shop has pot oils in stock, but out of stock on the gun I want.

I have a good bud (no pun here) who has Crohns, and several feet of his intestines cut out.
This gives him an eternal case of the gut-clutch-squirts.

He takes some pot oil concoction, that tightens up his bowels so he isn't married to the toilet all day.
I asked about a buzz... he says he can't tolerate that and run his business, but the oils are buzz-less.

CA has moved into State sponsored medical pot dispensaries because they have discovered the HUGE amount of tax revenue it generates.

I don't have a dot in the pot fight.
Could not care less, as long as it isn't behind the wheel.
I carried a security clearance for a long time, so not an issue of concern for me at all.

One of my SASS buddies is a Class-A commercial driver and concealed carry.
He says a CA pot card will cause him to lose both licenses.

BATF Form 4473 has a question about drug use.My understanding Is that if you answer in the affirmative your chances of an harmonious outcome on your background check diminishes greatly.

Choctaw Jack 

If I use that stuff on my firearms will my guns get the munchies? :o

10 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

No, but they might just shoot a lot higher.:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Yep.  They'll go through all your ammo, all your friend's ammo, then raid the rest of the firing line looking for more.

11 hours ago, Choctaw Jack said:

BATF Form 4473 has a question about drug use.My understanding Is that if you answer in the affirmative your chances of an harmonious outcome on your background check diminishes greatly.

Choctaw Jack 

Using cannabidiol oils is not, per the feds, drug use.  

On 5/25/2019 at 8:52 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Using cannabidiol oils is not, per the feds, drug use.  

However it is not legal in all states with some states have very restrictive use requirements

Is CBD Oil Legal in My State?

26 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

However it is not legal in all states with some states have very restrictive use requirements

Is CBD Oil Legal in My State?

And although it might be legal per state law employers can and do have polices prohibiting its usage.

I ordered a vial of 7.5mg CBD oil for my wife.
Her girl friend's MD prescribed this for better sleep.
My bride is a thyroid patient and has a terrible time with sleeping for decades.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:18 AM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I spent 15 years resisting drug use because my parents, my church, my school, my country and everyone else for whom I had respect told me that it was bad for me, physically and emotionally, and because my own brain told me that avoidance was the better choice.  I spent another 15 years convincing my son of the same thing, and hoping that he would reach the same conclusions; he did.  And now along come the pandering politicians, with the full support of money-grubbing "entrepreneurs" and those who value escapism and mental distortion above all else, and tell us "Never mind....you were all wrong...hemp is fine....try some...you'll like it!".

And your on-line gun dealer is now your on-line drug dealer.

That's the end of that relationship, as far as I am concerned.

LL

So this specific post gets to me.  You listened to your parents, but their views were distorted by the government, you listen to the Church, but they follow an agenda, you listen to the government, who is not known for veracity but you, who appear in all other respects to be an intelligent free thinking man, can't tell the difference between THC and CBD?  It boggles the mind that the idea of freedom which we all seem to tout to highly now seems to include freedom from actual thought.

11 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

So this specific post gets to me.  You listened to your parents, but their views were distorted by the government, you listen to the Church, but they follow an agenda, you listen to the government, who is not known for veracity but you, who appear in all other respects to be an intelligent free thinking man, can't tell the difference between THC and CBD?  It boggles the mind that the idea of freedom which we all seem to tout to highly now seems to include freedom from actual thought.

Hopefully ... everyone "can" actually have their own viewpoint ... and think what they want ... or even change what they think if they see fit.

It would be a wonderful thing if this highly tested / long established cure all is indeed as effective as claimed. Who wouldn't want it to be so? 

I've actually thought about trying it for my arthritis....over the counter stuff like Advil, Aleve, and Tylenol don't do squat, and if I could get the pain to a more manageable level I might actually be able to get a good night's sleep once in a while....

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

I've actually thought about trying it for my arthritis....over the counter stuff like Advil, Aleve, and Tylenol don't do squat, and if I could get the pain to a more manageable level I might actually be able to get a good night's sleep once in a while....

Have you tried Omega 3? Mega Red is really good for that.

As it has been said "pure" CBD oil oil does not contain any THC or other so called illegal substances. You can buy it with THC bit most is sold without it. But he minute it is ties to hemp. they look at you like an evil drug taking person. The OTC stuff you take is worse. Daughters boyfriend trying to get a job ad a truck driver. They pull some hair for drug history. Came back with methamp hetami ne Didn't get hired. He'd been taking cold medicine 3 weeks before! Guy does not do drugs.  My point here is, for some CBD oil has proven to have medicinal value.

image.png

Archived