SASS Wire Forum

That was interesting

Alpo

What with near-universal voicemail these days, I wondered if anyone ever got a busy signal anymore. I know I haven't received one in years.

I just placed a call to my daughter. As soon as the phone started ringing, a message popped up on my phone.

RECEIVER IS ON A CALL. PLEASE WAIT.

First time I've ever seen anything like that.

I haven’t seen that one but I really don’t call many people.

I have received calls while in another call and the phone gives me an option to put the one call on hold and accept the other or send the caller to voicemail. 

I also have the ability to send a message that I am busy and to call later or just send the call to voicemail mail. 

I wonder if the message you saw is what people that call my work phone see when they call and I hit the “I cannot talk right now” button?

I’ve gotten that real fast busy signal, like before it even rings. Usually means there’s a problem on the other end. I haven’t got a regular busy signal for years!!!

Personally, I don't care for the Call Waiting feature and I had it disabled on our phone.

I consider it insulting/ignorant to be talking with someone, only to have them say: "OH! There's someone else calling" and click off from our conversation.

If that happens, I just hang up.

But then I am a GOFWG.

48 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’ve gotten that real fast busy signal, like before it even rings. Usually means there’s a problem on the other end. I haven’t got a regular busy signal for years!!!

The really fast busy imeans there’s a problem getting to the final switching center. (Central Ofice) At some point all the lines are busy or out of order. First wife did a lot of the conversions from one switching system to another.

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Personally, I don't care for the Call Waiting feature and I had it disabled on our phone.

I consider it insulting/ignorant to be talking with someone, only to have them say: "OH! There's someone else calling" and click off from our conversation.

If that happens, I just hang up.

But then I am a GOFWG.

You don't have to take the call, ignore it and it will go to voicemail! You don't have to disable it!;)

19 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You don't have to take the call, ignore it and it will go to voicemail! You don't have to disable it!;)

On my 'phone service, it kept letting me know there was a call waiting. It got too annoying and distracting for me.

20 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't have to, but if I knew how, I would.  It's an annoyance and I don't need any more, not even a little one like this, in my life.

Archived