SASS Wire Forum

SOLD!! BEAUTIFUL CUSTOM COWBOY GUN CASE SET

SASS20.thumb.jpg.20a0a083bfbf2d0fa6cc79c0df1e1895.jpgThese are the most beautiful gun cases you will ever see!  The attention to detail is simply stunning! I won them several years ago at a charity shoot, never used them and hoped to pass them down as an heirloom to my kids, but unfortunately financial situation forces me to let them go.  My preference would be to see them go to another cowboy shooter if possible.

It's a 3-piece matching set made of the finest leather, fully sheepskin lined, and heavy brass zippers with the most beautiful tooling I've ever seen.  The first case is a combo rifle/shotgun with the rifle etched on one side and a shotgun on the other. It comes with both a hand and shoulder carrier. The second case is a 2 gun revolver case with a revolver etched on both sides and has a hand carrier.  The third case is a single case for a derringer with a derringer etched on both sides..

I'm asking $3000 and will consider any fair offer. Thanks for looking at them. They are even prettier then my crappy photography can portray them.

The set includes protective sleeves for each gun. Brand new and never used. I have lots of pics with more detail and will email them to anyone interested.

SASS1.jpg

SASS2.jpg

SASS6.jpg

SASS9.jpg

SASS14.jpg

SASS15.jpg

SASS16.jpg

SASS17.jpg

SASS18.jpg

SASS19.jpg

SASS21.jpg

Howdy, Dakota,

Those are beautiful!

And while I can't afford them, I gave them a Like, which is your first "Reputation" score.

Rep matters to some folks, not so much to others.

Anyway, those are really nice.

See you down the trail,

Brazos John

Thanks Brazos, I really appreciate it. Never sold anything before, so don't know the proper procedures.

And in reply to July Smith: It is my deep regret that although I met the artist at the shoot, I was so stunned that I won them that I totally forgot to get his name. It was a big, annual charity shoot with all proceeds going to St Judes children's hospital. Hundreds of shooters, hundreds of donated items, some auctioned off and some won through a raffle. You can imagine the hundreds of tickets in the bucket for these. I never imagined that my measly 10 tickets would win. Unfortunately the club members got older, some died, and they stopped doing the 3 day shoot. I will try and contact them to see if they remember the person so that I can furnish that with the set. Thanks, Dakota

I should have thought to put measurements down. I'm at work, but when I get home I will give measurements for all of the cases. I think the derringer case is probably big enough to carry a hideout gun too.

That is easily the nicest case(s) I have ever seen. I would love to own it, but in order to do so I would have to sell off a rifle, shotgun, two pistols, and my derringer. Then I wouldn't have any guns to put in it.

5 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

That is easily the nicest case(s) I have ever seen. I would love to own it, but in order to do so I would have to sell off a rifle, shotgun, two pistols, and my derringer. Then I wouldn't have any guns to put in it.

You have couple of young uns you could pedal but then you’d lose the tax deduction.:P

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

You have couple of young uns you could pedal but then you’d lose the tax deduction.:P

You haven’t met my kids yet. I think I’d have to pay someone to take them. Besides, with the new Trump tax law, I came out behind $7k as it is. Losing even more deductions probably won’t help much. 

$2,400 is a really good price for the craftmanship that obviously went into these.

Do you have more information about the maker and the work that went into them?  It would definitely help the sale!

Best of luck!

Cowboy Carty knew the maker of these beautiful cases. I sstarted emailing anyone I could find associated with the Charity Shoot at Shady Creek Shootists in Illinois and Carty said the minute I mention those gun cases he knew exactly what I was refering to.

He said the maker was Armegeddon and he thinks he might have been from Chilicothee Illinois. He and his wife used to come to some of the charity shoots and one year he decided to make something special to help raise money for the kids at St Judes.

He doesn't have any contact info for him but gave me a couple of names to try to see if I can still find him. Carty said Armegeddon was a tool & die maker by trade and only did leather tooling as a hobby. His background would explain the exquisite attention to detail on these cases. Carty said he would sometimes make something for a cowboy as a favor, but never sold anything. Carty also said that nothing he did was ever done by machine, everything was hand done, all the holes, stitching, tooling etc.

These are truly a work of art and will never be duplicated. I will post if I can make contact with him. Thanks

If you can edit your initial posting with the lowered price, I bet that someone would be interested.  Beautiful craftsmanship.

Can you confirm that they will hold the standard cowboy action items?

20" Lever action

4 3/4" Colt pistols

It would help if you could post a picture with those guns for scale, so we know the size.

Thanks!

Archived