SASS Wire Forum

Rites of passage

I went to Las Vegas on Sunday to attend my grandson's graduation from high school yesterday.

After getting in some time with the family he said "Grandpa, would you come with me for a bit?  I need your advice."

Well, hell yes.

We went to a gun shop in North Vegas and he asked me to help him buy his first gun. After trying out several and rejecting them as "Overburdened with macho crap", (his words, not mine) we narrowed it down to three 12 gauge pump guns and he settled on a Maverick made overseas and assembled here by Mossberg.  A right good starter gun and he saved enough money to buy a couple of boxes of shells, a cleaning kit, and a pretty nice cover for it...and had enough left to take his girlfriend and his best buddy of fourteen years out for a pizza.

His final comment as they walked out the door was "I'll learn all I can with this one and maybe someday I'll find something really great to replace it with, but I'll always keep this one for sentimental reasons."

Next stop is college.  My wife would have been very proud of him  I know I am.

Sounds like smart fellow who has his head screwed on right. Takes after his Grandpa I bet.

Congratulations.

My oldest grandson graduates this Friday!  I’m hoping he’s as squared away as yours!!

I got hope! He hired on to do chores and help around the shop to make money for prom.  Rolled up more than $300.00 working with me and his dad.  It wasn’t any pansy work either.

Thanks for sharing. It put a smile on my face this morning. I know I don't need to tell you those times can't be beaten.

19 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

My oldest grandson graduates this Friday!

My youngest grandson graduates next month!

Archived