SASS Wire Forum

Federal rebate question

I am assuming the bar code from bottom of case works on rebate as I do not read different.  I do, however, read that if you do it wrong, you will get no notification.  It is certainly a great offer if one is to receive $100 on purchase of at least three cases of primers.  With this rebate and Winchester's going on, it makes for some fine savings.

Case code work for you?

If I am remembering right I had to do the barcode on the box of 1000 and show quantity of 5 for each case of 5000. My status shows qualified. And the pictures were of each box of 1000. I stacked them up in one shot showing what was requested. Hope this helps.

Followed these instructions. https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/EN/US/Promo/16/121/EntryForm

31 minutes ago, Flash said:

If I am remembering right I had to do the barcode on the box of 1000 and show quantity of 5 for each case of 5000. My status shows qualified. And the pictures were of each box of 1000. I stacked them up in one shot showing what was requested. Hope this helps.

Followed these instructions. https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/EN/US/Promo/16/121/EntryForm

I believe that is correct way if rebate is to be done online.  I am wanting to help some who are doing it by mail.  The mail-in form has a place for four UPCs which seems to suggest the use of bar code from case might be sufficient.  These purchases are for GM200M primers so three cases would get max of $100 (@$180.00/case).

Thanks for reply Flash.  Hope to see ya soon.

30 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

I believe that is correct way if rebate is to be done online.  I am wanting to help some who are doing it by mail.  The mail-in form has a place for four UPCs which seems to suggest the use of bar code from case might be sufficient.  These purchases are for GM200M primers so three cases would get max of $100 (@$180.00/case).

Thanks for reply Flash.  Hope to see ya soon.

There is only one UPC code for a box of 1000. Quantity =5 for case of 5000. Quantity =10 for 2 cases. Quantity =15 for 3 cases.

I bought one case because that is all they had in stock and on the receipt it had quantity of 5. So I guess it would depend on the receipt. If you bought 2 cases and it has a quantity of 2 than maybe the case code would be right but if it has a quantity of 10 then it would be the UPC code for a box of 1000. 

Is the rebate for all primers, I just bought 15k on Monday but I threw my receipt in the garbage and don't want to have to dig through the garbage unless I have to. Garbage pickup is tomorrow morning!

May reflect on receipt, as you say.  This case box has bar code of 29465 55692 where the individual (1000) boxes inside have a bar code of 29465 15692.

problem could arise, as per Winchester, to not allow both.  Seems that one person could use bar code from case and a buddy use bar codes from 1000 box.  However, it has been on the wire that some have got rebate from Winchester using code from case box.  I do see a conflict from a business standpoint.

10 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Is the rebate for all primers, I just bought 15k on Monday but I threw my receipt in the garbage and don't want to have to dig through the garbage unless I have to. Garbage pickup is tomorrow morning!

Dig for it....it is worth 20% of price ($100 max per household.  All Federal primers bought between 4/1/19 and 6/30/19.  Due need the receipt of some sort.

How's the foot?

33 minutes ago, Flash said:

There is only one UPC code for a box of 1000. Quantity =5 for case of 5000. Quantity =10 for 2 cases. Quantity =15 for 3 cases.

I bought one case because that is all they had in stock and on the receipt it had quantity of 5. So I guess it would depend on the receipt. If you bought 2 cases and it has a quantity of 2 than maybe the case code would be right but if it has a quantity of 10 then it would be the UPC code for a box of 1000. 

May be best to just use bar code from 1000 box and write X5 beside it on form.

4 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Thanks -I was getting rid of the evidence.

get the evidence but hid the check when received.

12 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

If you used a credit/ debit card to purchase the primers, the merchant can pull it up a print a duplicate receipt.

Thanks I did use a debit card. 

16 hours ago, Flash said:

I'm thinking that since the first digit of the last sequence of five digits is 5 on case and a 1 on 1000 then that designates what one purchased to match quantity on receipt/invoice.  Receipt/invoice (marked paid) is probably key to purchase and money spend so the code cut-outs probably matter very little..  If one person used case label and another used 5-1000 box label, proof of purchase (invoice or cash register receipt) still has to be in rebate package to get return.  All about money spent, don't you think?  Getting a business to write two invoices on say product would be unlikely.    

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

I'm thinking that since the first digit of the last sequence of five digits is 5 on case and a 1 on 1000 then that designates what one purchased to match quantity on receipt/invoice.  Receipt/invoice (marked paid) is probably key to purchase and money spend so the code cut-outs probably matter very little..  If one person used case label and another used 5-1000 box label, proof of purchase (invoice or cash register receipt) still has to be in rebate package to get return.  All about money spent, don't you think?  Getting a business to write two invoices on say product would be unlikely.    

That would make sense to me. I agree your receipt is what determines which code to use. I guess! LOL

Info: If you don't get this page after filling out form, your entry is incomplete or has errors.

Submission Received

Your submission ID: ORD-7K2VKGSXXXXX

Print this page or keep this number and your original receipt handy for future inquiries.

Please allow 10-12 weeks from the date you completed the reward request form, for your reward to ship.

For status of submission at anytime, use Status Lookup.

Additional questions, call 1-800-998-8758, 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM CT Monday –

1 hour ago, Yusta B. said:

Info: If you don't get this page after filling out form, your entry is incomplete or has errors.

Submission Received

Your submission ID: ORD-7K2VKGSXXXXX

Print this page or keep this number and your original receipt handy for future inquiries.

Please allow 10-12 weeks from the date you completed the reward request form, for your reward to ship.

For status of submission at anytime, use Status Lookup.

Additional questions, call 1-800-998-8758, 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM CT Monday –

does that come via email even if sent in by mail?  These folks are not entering rebate online.

Billy

I purchased 3 cases of the Fed SP Mag primers.  I entered my submission online.  I never removed the individual boxes of 1000 from the case boxes.  My entry included(as per the submission form instructions) uploading an image of the shipping invoice/receipt, one photo of the top of the cases, one photo of the bottom of the cases and one photo of the side of the cases(all three boxes showing in each photo).  I received the same Submission Received message(like Yusta B.) via email immediately following said submission on 5/11/19.  This morning I received the following email from Vista Outdoors:

Your rebate is approved!

profile_mask2.png

Vista Outdoor <sendmail@apmailer.com>

Thu, May 23, 11:29 AM (18 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
Dear David Sullard,

Thank you for your submission in the Handload & Save Program. Your submission has been successfully processed and your submission id is ORD-3VEYZACDSVH7. Please allow approximately eight (8) weeks for your reward to be received.

You may track your submission by using the Status Lookup tool found here:
https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/EN/US/Home/Lookup

Thank you,

The Vista Outdoor Team

Can't speak to the process if you use snail mail as I submitted mine online.  There is the 1-800-998-8758, 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM CT    phone number that may be of assistance.  Good luck, mine was easy-peasy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Oh, by the way, you'll notice I included an unredacted version of the email.....wouldn't want to be anything but fully transparent!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Billy

I purchased 3 cases of the Fed SP Mag primers.  I entered my submission online.  I never removed the individual boxes of 1000 from the case boxes.  My entry included(as per the submission form instructions) uploading an image of the shipping invoice/receipt, one photo of the top of the cases, one photo of the bottom of the cases and one photo of the side of the cases(all three boxes showing in each photo).  I received the same Submission Received message(like Yusta B.) via email immediately following said submission on 5/11/19.  This morning I received the following email from Vista Outdoors:

Your rebate is approved!

profile_mask2.png

Vista Outdoor <sendmail@apmailer.com>

Thu, May 23, 11:29 AM (18 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
Dear David Sullard,

Thank you for your submission in the Handload & Save Program. Your submission has been successfully processed and your submission id is ORD-3VEYZACDSVH7. Please allow approximately eight (8) weeks for your reward to be received.

You may track your submission by using the Status Lookup tool found here:
https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/EN/US/Home/Lookup

Thank you,

The Vista Outdoor Team

Can't speak to the process if you use snail mail as I submitted mine online.  There is the 1-800-998-8758, 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM CT    phone number that may be of assistance.  Good luck, mine was easy-peasy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Oh, by the way, you'll notice I included an unredacted version of the email.....wouldn't want to be anything but fully transparent!:rolleyes:

Guess most have done online and not with mail-in form.  In this particular situation it will be better for those involved to do by mail-in.  

15 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

does that come via email even if sent in by mail?  These folks are not entering rebate online.

Billy - that msg appeared on screen right after I hit the SUBMIT button.

30 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

Billy - that msg appeared on screen right after I hit the SUBMIT button.

Y,

Thought that might be the case.  

I got on chat line with rebate company rep and was advised that  UPC cut-out from case would be fine and much easier than removing code from individual 1000's.  Especially true if invoice reflects purchase in case quantities.  If rebate is sent as mail-in then there is no notification of status.  However, the information is available by call to rebate company giving name and address.

C U next week at TGSW.

• 2 weeks later...

Billy - got email confirmation of my rebate from Outdoors today.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Rebate gift card came in the mail today.  I guess the 5 minutes it took to take and upload 3 photos and fill out an online form was worth $84.:)  Thanks again to the folks at Vista Outdoors!

With an alias like yours that is a huge windfall :)

Archived