SASS Wire Forum

Rest in Peace - Bea Itchin', SASS 25123 Regulator

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear this. I feel like I know you both from all the time we've been on the wire. I pray that you find peace with your situation as she finds her heavenly reward.

Rolan, I am so sorry!  Judge and I followed Bea's illness from the beginning and know what a fighter she was and a loving supportive husband and caregiver you were. 

My sincerest condolences.

Yazoo

So sorry Dave. She was the best. She could pop an ego like a balloon and lift spirits at the same time with a joke and a laugh. We never laughed, smiled, and cheered so much ever as when she was with us, anywhere.

yer pard,

joe

This is heart breaking. 

One of our favorite times was a couple years ago at the state match when she worked with Brisket, Mines Taken and Lou.  It was a blast!

The pictures capture her so well.

Hang in there, pard.

Here are the arrangements for Carol Dunagan Steier (a.k.a. Bea Itchin’).

Saturday, May 25th there will be a “Celebration of Life” service at Little Davenport Funeral home in Gainesville, GA starting at 1:00 PM.

355 Dawsonville Hwy SW Gainesville, GA 30501

Cowboy / Cowgirl attire is appreciated and the funeral home said that you may come “heeled” if you desire.

Sunday, May 26th will be the internment of Carols ashes at the Stubbs Cemetery in Abbeville, GA, starting at 3:00 PM.

A short service will be performed by Rev. Joe Dunagan.

Stubbs Cemetery is across from the Methodist Church located at 229 S Broad St, Abbeville, GA 31001

Several people have asked me how they may help financially with Carol's passing.  While I won't be "scoping out dishwasher boxes under freeway bypasses", it was an unexpected and unplanned ordeal.  Should you like to contribute, here is a link to a gofundme that I setup. https://www.gofundme.com/manage/carol-steier-hospital-fund Feel free to share that with others.  MODERATORS: If this isn't permitted, you may delete this post.

Ophelia & I will be at the service for sure. Terrible loss. Bea had the BEST personality & was about as funny as a person can be. Great memories. Very, very sorry for your loss & your family & friends' loss.

Rolan Kraps (Dave) and Bea Itchin (Carol) were among the first to welcome me to the sport of CAS several years ago. She was always a delight to be around and will be greatly missed. At the recently concluded 2019 SASS Georgia State Championship, Posse 1 (my Posse and the one she was scheduled to be on) honored her with the “Spirit of the Game” award.  When it was announced at the awards banquet, the crowd gave her a standing ovation. That speaks volumes for how much both Rolan and Bea are though of by the SASS community. 

Rolan, I am so sorry for the loss of a dear Lady!  I will cherish all the memories of times we shared together.  I appreciated her quick wit and loved her infectious laugh.  My thoughts and prayers to you and Dan during this rough time.  Bean was a real trooper and she would tell you to keep shooting.  No matter where you go or what you do, she will be with you and watching over you!

My very deepest sympathy on your loss.

Prayers for her and your for your comfort, heading south.

May the Light Perpetual Shine Upon Her.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how hard it is to lose your partner in crime

Archived