SASS Wire Forum

Folding Glock?

What's its purpose? IWB, OWB, appendix carry, shoulder holster... none of those work well enough?

If you want to carry a Glock in your pocket, get one of the many Glocks offered now that will serve that role and use it with a proper pocket carry holster. Done.

I'm voting for gimmick. 

Yeah, because in a crisis situation, accessing threat level, deciding to draw down, un-holstering, acquiring target, determining background, taking aim, and squeezing the trigger, is nowhere near enough to worry about.  Let's throw in a quick "assemble firearm" step!  IDIOTS! 

They've actually been out for awhile and I handled one at a local gun shop. They're just as bizarre as the pictures indicate. About the only "cool" thing about it is that you can stick a 33-round mag in it, fold it up and end up with something you can stick in a backpack that looks and feels like a folded camera tripod.

The only possible use I can think of for that would be in a shtf bag or survival kit where space might be limited. Otherwise just useless.

If these guys think having a PMag with their toy gives it any credence they really don’t have a clue.

I was finally able to look at the link on my iPhone. My work PC is very restricted. 

Just clicking around on their website.  For a mere $499 they would happily take your existing Glock and cut it apart for you and convert it to one of these "beauties"!

Concealed carry is all about compromise and finding what balance between weight, size and power works best for each individual.  I am sure a folding Glock appeals to some, and might even be practical for a very select niche market.  Putting together "BUG Out" or "SHTF" bags is sort of popular now and the idea of being able to put a fairly compact yet still full sized pistol in one of these kits might appeal to some.   The concept of a "take-down" or folding model is nothing new.  All that said, the folding Glock as a concealed carry gun is not for me, I see it as a bad idea on par with carrying a gun with an empty chamber.

Archived