SASS Wire Forum

WILD BODIE TOM

Zona

WITH A VERY SAD HEART I COME TO TELL WE LOST ANOTHER GREAT COWBOY SHOOTER THIS MORNING.  WILD BODIE TOM OF MAYER ARIZONA, PASSED THIS MORNING FROM A BATTLE WITH PANCREIATIC & LIVER CANCER WHICH BROUGHT UPON A HEARTATTACK LAST NIGHT AND PASSED PEACEFULLY THIS MORNING.  HE WILL BE MISSED BY ALL OF US AT COWTOWN AND THE COWBOY FAMILY THAT NEW HIM ALL OVER THE WORLD.  GREAT MAN, AMBASSADDOR FOR THE WILD BUNCH AND WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND FATHER. HIS FAMILY WAS WITH HIM AND OUR PRAYERS AND CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO THEM ALL.  

Absolutely terrible.  Those who didn't know him had no idea of his talent as a TRUE pistolsmith. One of only a handful that were really 1911 legendary smiths.  A great person and an example of the kind of craftsman we rarely see. I was honored to call him a friend.  A sad day indeed.

Damn it! ..

Wild Bodie Tom was a very talented 1911 gunsmith,  the Cowboy world has lost another legend. 

Tom was a great friend, gunsmith, and companion. He'll be missed by many. A very sad day indeed.

His family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. 

That is very sad news and family in our thoughts and prayers. R.I.P. Wild Bodie Tom see you down the road some where in time..

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

Thanks, Zona, for posting this.

What a terrible loss to our community!!!  Tom was always kind, generous, and helpful.  He would go way out of his way to be helpful to fellow shooters.  His generosity to the shooting community, to other cowboys, and to the clubs that he supported with his participation will live on in the spirit of those who he touched.

And, he could indeed put together a heck of a 1911.  His work looked like the parts grew together rather than being merely assembled.

He was a wonderful man with a spectacular sense of humor and heart full of kindness.  We will miss him tremendously!  I will miss him.

Godspeed WBT.

Wild Bodie Tom was one of the first cowboy action shooters I met when I moved here to Arizona from the east coast, always considered him a friend, I am sure we all are going to mis him.

May he rest in peace. 

Here is a psalm that I saved from some years back, I think it's appropriate for Tom:

A Cowboy Psalm

Dear God, only You know when I'll reach the end of my trail,

So I want you to know I'm grateful.

A hundred times I've been thrown by life

And a hundred times You've lifted me back in the saddle.

Every morning I see Your smile in the sunrise over the prairie

And taste Your breath in the sage on the wind.

You put the aches in my bones at sunset to remind me that I'm still alive,

And the stars in the midnight sky to keep me humble.

I know that You love me.

When I've thirsted You've been my drink

And Your words have been my bread.

You catch me when I tangle my spurs,

You keep me from taking the crooked path.

You gave Your Son for my immortal soul.

And I know, Lord, that when I am judged

You won't care how long I stayed on–

But how well I rode.

©Copyright2002 Boston John Doucette

Condolences to family & friend & rest in peace Tom.

I am so sorry to hear of this loss.  My family has had the pleasure of shooting with Wild Bodie Tom for the last eight years.  He will be missed by all of us!!!  Our prayers go out to him.

May God receive him in heaven and bless his family.    SCJ

Archived