SASS Wire Forum

Well L@@kie Here!

American Rifleman Magazine arrived today. Front cover is a picture of G.I. Joe with his M1 Garand. 

Article on page 38, captioned "D-Day +75:Arms Of The Airborne". Haven't had time to read the article but I will.

Picture on the cover looks like the hedgerow country.  

14 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

American Rifleman Magazine arrived today. Front cover is a picture of G.I. Joe with his M1 Garand. 

Article on page 38, captioned "D-Day +75:Arms Of The Airborne". Haven't had time to read the article but I will.

BMC,

Haven't heard from you in a while. I always enjoy your posts, and your commentary on others. Hope you're well, and things are good out in Pacific NW.

6 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

BMC,

Haven't heard from you in a while. I always enjoy your posts, and your commentary on others. Hope you're well, and things are good out in Pacific NW.

Thank you for your concern, Captain.   Been some major changes in life's program, but I am a crusty old sourdough, and I hang around 

so I can be an old PITA.  Seriously, I hang around for the fine and fun companionship, I get from the SALOON.  You folks are an island of 

sanity in an insane world.  Thanks for having me. 

20 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

From the thread title I was hoping for a photo of you with a big fish!

Bahahahahaha. There aren't any big fish in Washington, J-Bar. The Governor 

told me that the Orcas ate them all up, and the sea lions were just there to watch. 

But, and there is always a but,  he did increase the price of a fishing license so

they can build more fish hatcheries,  and raise bunches of Robofish to feed the 

masses,  and the wildlife.  It is just wonderful, like a faire tail. :lol:

21 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

The TV show is into part 4 of the arms of the Normandy invasion. Way cool.

6 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

BMC,

I had that thought over the weekend.  I'm never sure if I should ask.  Seems that just about every time I ask after someone it turns out they had shuffled off this mortal coil.

Well, I ain't 18 no more. I found that out recently. Just got nothing important to say. 

Most all of my close friends are dying off. Guess they got fed up with my prattle.

Haven't figured why the Maker is keeping me around. Maybe He is trying to decide what to do

with me.  

10 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Haven't figured why the Maker is keeping me around. Maybe He is trying to decide what to do

with me.

Maybe because you make a perfectly wonderful Horrible Example?

Seriously, good to hear from you.

Re my post above, in Dec. I asked about two of our neighbors, one a lady in her mid-90s.  Well, she had died.  And one of the first people we met in the trailer park - across the sidewalk and down one from us, hadn't seen her for a few days - she had died.  No one found out until the mailman mentioned to someone that her mail was piling up, and she NEVER let it do that.  Police wellness check found her dead.  
Then, just after western Easter I asked about a guy that had only been here two years, two houses down.  He had died on Holy Saturday.  Young guy, too. Late 50s.  His cancer had come back with a vengeance.  He died while driving.  I have a sneaking suspicion that he didn't want to go through it and opted out.

If BMC wants to catch fish all he needs to do is go down to Pike Place Market in Seattle and wait for one of those guys to throw one at him. ;)

Actually I was there a few weeks ago and nearly got walloped with a large fish when I tried squeezing past the crowds gathered there to watch. :wacko:

14 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Bahahahahaha. There aren't any big fish in Washington, J-Bar. The Governor 

told me that the Orcas ate them all up, and the sea lions were just there to watch. 

But, and there is always a but,  he did increase the price of a fishing license so

they can build more fish hatcheries,  and raise bunches of Robofish to feed the 

masses,  and the wildlife.  It is just wonderful, like a faire tail. :lol:

The cancer, I mean bureaucrats (samey-same) that infected the CA DFG moved north to inflict their higher learning upon the DFGs of Oregon and Washington. They taught them how to make more money, promote “the agenda” yet still keep people coming back to pay higher fees to fund their Empires of PC Moronic Disdain for those they “serve”.

The last 3 years I was in Oregon I refused to buy fishing or hunting licenses (except for those single day licenses when my grandson visited. I figured my protest shouldn’t affect his fun.

I found this to be an interesting  issue of the American Rifleman. On page 28,  is an article about

a cable from the hedgerows in Normandy, dated July 1944, written by Bill Shadel,  as a war correspondent. 

It is a description of the role of the rifleman in this type of combat.  Also, at the top of the article are two 

photographs. One looks to be G.I. Joe going over the top with his M 1.  There is something attached to the

muzzle, just below the gas cylinder that I can not make out.  Also a picture of another G.I. Joe with his B.A.R.

humping down a road.  Both the article, and pictures indicate that it was a very lively place. 

2 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Also, at the top of the article are two photographs. One looks to be G.I. Joe going over the top with his M 1.  There is something attached to the

muzzle, just below the gas cylinder that I can not make out. 

I'm thinking that's just something in the background... maybe.

Archived