SASS Wire Forum

Tonight

Blustery cold wind outside. But I have HBO back and will be binge watching Game Of Thrones whilst sipping a wee bit o’ Balvenie.

Winter is Coming

;)

15 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Blustery cold wind outside. But I have HBO back and will be binge watching Game Of Thrones whilst sipping a wee bit o’ Balvenie.

Winter is Coming

;)

I chose Glenmorangie, and needed it.  I believe you and I could have scripted a better final episode!

21 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Winter is Coming

;)

yesterday it was 93º in Houston . . . was thinking we could use some of that snow you talked about in your VFW thread

All y'all that have the wonderful "cold" weather, PLEASE, PLEASE send some of it down to Texas. We went from winter to summer in one week's time.  Yes, 93 in Houston yesterday and 90s expected all this week. In addition horrible rain, thunder, and hail in Groesbeck and Mexia, TX this weekend (Defend Old Fort Parker annual match) that flooded streets, roads, and made pastures into lakes. Cattle standing at the fence line in a foot of water.  Pastures and fields were lakes even on Sunday. With 100% humidity on Sunday, temperatures in the high 80s, and NO breeze, I was only able to complete 4 of the 5 stages on Sunday. I'm not used to this hot, this early and not acclimated yet.

Another 2 1/2" of rain last night. Truman lake up 21' above normal pool, but still have another 15' before problems, all gates at the dam are open and will take a while to get the lake back down, but all this rain ain't helpen. High in the 50's one day and the next 80's. All normal for spring in Missouri. Last year there was no spring, went from the furnace and the next week had AC for the rest of the summer.

Archived