Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Utah Bob #35998

How creepy is this??

Recommended Posts

I’m betting that Cal didn’t know who the “artist” was. Hoping anyways. 

 

Seamus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would Cal Ripken he signing a painting, regardless of the artist? That is weird in itself. Now we have psycho whack-job Gacy doing paintings in prison. How would Cal get to sign a prison painting of Gacy’s...even weirder.

The final bit of weirdness is the art that Gacy painted is available for purchase. The auction house fails to mention who Gacy is...

https://www.invaluable.com/artist/gacy-john-wayne-3mop8nha66/sold-at-auction-prices/

 

Weird, weird, weird....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Why would Cal Ripken he signing a painting, regardless of the artist? That is weird in itself. 

Why?

 

You go to a ball game. "Hey Mickey, sign my glove." "Hey Babe, sign my bat."

 

"Hey Cal, sign my picture." I don't really see a lot of difference.

 

Buy the painting, take it to spring training. "Hey, Cal. Mr. Ripken. Can I have your autograph? And since you're an Oriole, would you sign on this picture of an oriole? Wow, man, thanks."

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not buy one of those paintings. Seriously bad ju ju there.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Why?

 

You go to a ball game. "Hey Mickey, sign my glove." "Hey Babe, sign my bat."

 

"Hey Cal, sign my picture." I don't really see a lot of difference.

 

Buy the painting, take it to spring training. "Hey, Cal. Mr. Ripken. Can I have your autograph? And since you're an Oriole, would you sign on this picture of an oriole? Wow, man, thanks."

 

 

Just more proof that sports figures ain’t the sharpest people on the planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Just more proof that sports figures ain’t the sharpest people on the planet.

 

I’m going to give Mr. Ripken a pass on this.  Nothing in his history suggests that he would want anything to do with a Gacy painting.  If that is his autograph, I agree he signed the painting without knowing who the artist was.  No celebrity is going to take the time to vet every object he autographs.  Cal Ripken Jr. is one of the few sports celebrities that can still be called a role model.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.