SASS Wire Forum

How creepy is this??

Why would Cal Ripken he signing a painting, regardless of the artist? That is weird in itself. Now we have psycho whack-job Gacy doing paintings in prison. How would Cal get to sign a prison painting of Gacy’s...even weirder.

The final bit of weirdness is the art that Gacy painted is available for purchase. The auction house fails to mention who Gacy is...

https://www.invaluable.com/artist/gacy-john-wayne-3mop8nha66/sold-at-auction-prices/

Weird, weird, weird....

32 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Why would Cal Ripken he signing a painting, regardless of the artist? That is weird in itself. 

Why?

You go to a ball game. "Hey Mickey, sign my glove." "Hey Babe, sign my bat."

"Hey Cal, sign my picture." I don't really see a lot of difference.

Buy the painting, take it to spring training. "Hey, Cal. Mr. Ripken. Can I have your autograph? And since you're an Oriole, would you sign on this picture of an oriole? Wow, man, thanks."

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Why?

You go to a ball game. "Hey Mickey, sign my glove." "Hey Babe, sign my bat."

"Hey Cal, sign my picture." I don't really see a lot of difference.

Buy the painting, take it to spring training. "Hey, Cal. Mr. Ripken. Can I have your autograph? And since you're an Oriole, would you sign on this picture of an oriole? Wow, man, thanks."

Just more proof that sports figures ain’t the sharpest people on the planet.

13 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Just more proof that sports figures ain’t the sharpest people on the planet.

I’m going to give Mr. Ripken a pass on this.  Nothing in his history suggests that he would want anything to do with a Gacy painting.  If that is his autograph, I agree he signed the painting without knowing who the artist was.  No celebrity is going to take the time to vet every object he autographs.  Cal Ripken Jr. is one of the few sports celebrities that can still be called a role model.

Archived