SASS Wire Forum

Advice to Outdoorsmen

Subdeacon Joe

:ph34r:  Thanks for posting this.  I'm going to put a copy in my outdoor supply store. 

I encounter so many hikers these days who think they are invulnerable because they carry a cell phone.

And a large percentage have no clue about how to utilize a compass and topo map......

In Oregon I came across some people wandering around on a logging road. A came around a turn and nearly ran over 3 of them. They had parked there car and were trying to get a signal on their cell phones. :blink:

I asked them if they heard me coming and one woman said “Yes”. I asked her why they didn’t clear up and they said nothing....then it hit me and I said “You idiots think pedestrians have the right away, even on logging roads.”

I didn’t wait for a response. I drove away.

I figured they could find their way...though I hoped they wouldn’t. 

OH YEAH! A loaded logging truck on a logging road will be certain to be able to stop.

Especially at the speed they travel.

RRRIIIIGGGHHHTTTT!!

If we are on one, hunting or going to a fishing spot and hear one coming, we hit the brush and get the he....ck off the road.

If you're stuck in there, one of the empties coming back in will pull you out when the loaded rig radios them.

Sounds like avid "indoorsmen" hanging around in the outdoors. I made up that term for my pastie white coworkers that fear the outdoors.

Archived