SASS Wire Forum

I don't need no stinkin' jockey!

I saw that. Fortunate the jockey wasn't hurt, and that the horse didn't get mixed up with the others. 

Rule #1. Never load a rodeo bronc, into a thoroughbred race gate. That's just never gonna work. It's a 90 degree thing. :D

Can I get a yee haa?

When I volunteered at the Girl Scout Camp Misty Meadows which was the horse camp, we had a "no tie" named Red that when he wasn't being ridden in the ring, had his lead rope thrown over the fence rail at the far end of the ring because at one time, years and years ago, he pulled back when tied.  One day, he was loose tied while we were having the troopers ride in the ring to show they could safely start, stop, and turn their horse before taking them out on a short trail ride. Red decided he didn't want to miss out on the fun and joined the rest of the horses doing start, stop, reverse with his lead rope dangling until the riders were ready to leave the ring to go on the trail ride when we stopped him and held him long enough for all the other horses to go on the trail ride.

Archived