SASS Wire Forum

Speaking of Korea.. grrrrrrr!

Watching the ball game and the commentators were talking about it being Armed Forces Day and the teams honoring the military etc. The camera focused on relief pitcher Seunghwan Oh, a South Korean. He had on a pair of custom made shoes with a US flag on one and a South Korean flag on the other with the inscription Korean War Vets in English and Korean.

“He’s honoring both sides” said the idiots.

I came up out of my chair and yelled several things about the historically ignorant dolts which I will not repeat here.  “They were on the same side, you morons”, was the preamble to my subsequent profanity-laced tirade. Aaarrrgggghhh!   :angry::angry::angry:

I’m glad it’s happy hour. I need a shot. Dadgummit.

Rant mode off

Bob,

I agree with your sentiments 100%, and have also often found myself yelling at the TV, and so has my wife.  I regret to inform you, however, that, while doing so may provide an outlet for your outrage, unless you have a different type of TV hookup... THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU! :angry: Too bad, ain't it?

Call and email the station and network and let them know.  Express your displeasure at the ignorance of the talking heads.   

ADDED:
Let them know that the ignorance of their employees does a disservice to those serving.

Think about it. These pinheads make their living vicariously talking about other people that play ball for a living. 

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Watching the ball game and the commentators were talking about it being Armed Forces Day and the teams honoring the military etc. The camera focused on relief pitcher Seunghwan Oh, a South Korean. He had on a pair of custom made shoes with a US flag on one and a South Korean flag on the other with the inscription Korean War Vets in English and Korean.

“He’s honoring both sides” said the idiots.

I came up out of my chair and yelled several things about the historically ignorant dolts which I will not repeat here.  “They were on the same side, you morons”, was the preamble to my subsequent profanity-laced tirade. Aaarrrgggghhh!   :angry::angry::angry:

I’m glad it’s happy hour. I need a shot. Dadgummit.

Rant mode off

I knew a Marine that served with ROK Marines In I corps in 69.

He said they were phenomenal. They expected everyone working with them to do Tae Kwon Do with them in the morning, and he swore when they were on point they could smell the VC.

Kinda sad how quickly America has forgotten our allies.

5 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

Although I used to ask on the 5th grade History test:  Who won the French and Indian War?

The English Indians?

On 5/19/2019 at 4:50 PM, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

Although I used to ask on the 5th grade History test:  Who won the French and Indian War?

And the other name for the French and Indian War is....?

10 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

And the other name for the French and Indian War is....?

Everybody but Americans call it the Seven Years war. I never new that until I talking to an SAS officer one time.

Archived