SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Deadwood Quote - Series

Saloon,

With the Deadwood movie epic release in 2 weeks, it's time to gather our memories from the HBO series, and post your favorite Deadwood quote. Any season's script is fair game. But, here's what not: no curses, body parts, or sexual acts. So F^$K, C&@K sucker, C%$t, etc... are all off limits.

You need to add your quote, and the character who said it, and the Season if you know it. Let's have some fun. 

I'll start.  "Don't forget to kill Tim" - Al Swearegen, Season 1  

5 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

. So F^$K, C&@K sucker, C%$t, etc... are all off limits. 

You mean they said something else?

A.W. Merrick: “May I say, Dan, having resumed drinking alcohol, I cannot for the life of me remember why I ever gave it up.”

E.B. "Anything the Mayor should know?"

Al: "The name of a new tailor."

Al: “It’s horrible bein’ shot at. Never gets no better.”

25 minutes ago, Alpo said:

You mean they said something else?

Evidently, you missed the good parts.

Al Swearengen:

"Sometimes I wish we could just hit 'em over the head, rob 'em, and throw their bodies in the creek."

42 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Evidently, you missed the good parts.

I watched about half of one episode. It reminded me greatly of Def Comedy Jam. Since I already knew those words, and was way past the age where hearing them was some sort of forbidden thrill, I turned it off and never watched it again.

Wild Bill, after he and Bullock both shoot at the bad guy:

”Was that me or you, Montana?”

Bullock:

”My money would be on you.”

Also,

Swearingin commenting  how glad he was that he taught English to Wu, after a particularly profane conversation.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I watched about half of one episode. It reminded me greatly of Def Comedy Jam. Since I already knew those words, and was way past the age where hearing them was some sort of forbidden thrill, I turned it off and never watched it again.

Thanks for trying to explain, but I have no clue what Def Comedy Jam is. Missed that comparison entirely.

All I can say is in the Deadwood series, the words between the curses and  description of sexual acts "were" the thrill. It was simply brilliant. That's what this thread is trying to evoke memories of.

7 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Al Swearengen:

"Sometimes I wish we could just hit 'em over the head, rob 'em, and throw their bodies in the creek."

Cy Tolliver:
"But that would be wrong"

[Jack has just been found not-guilty of killing Wild Bill Hickock]

Al Swearengen: What's your name, it's Jack, ain't it? 

Jack McCall: Yes, sir! You buy me a drink, I'll make my mark. 

Al Swearengen: Stick around camp, Jack - I'll make mine for you. 

Jack McCall: What in the H*** is that supposed to mean? 

Al Swearengen: Means there's a horse waiting for you outside you'll want to get on before somebody murders you who gives a * about right and wrong - or I do. 

[Jack stares, dumbfounded]

Al Swearengen: It's the paint, Jack. Right outside my joint. 

[whispering]

Al Swearengen: Run for your * life.

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back. Al Swearengen to A.W. Merrick, after the Deadwood Pioneer paper was ransacked.

19 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

All my favorite lines are full of $%#@*&^()*&^$%#@

C'mon Rye. Most of my favorite quotes have those words too. But, there have got to be a few others you can conjure up , that are lacking those words

24 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

C'mon Rye. Most of my favorite quotes have those words too. But, there have got to be a few others you can conjure up , that are lacking those words

I can't remember any clean ones!!:lol: I must be a dirty old man!!

"Let us collect the camp elders, be baffled among friends" - Al Swearegen to Seth Bullock, Season 3, about calling a council to discuss the fight vs George Hearst

I remember when Swearegen ,after learning of Custer's demise, said something like," That pretty much determines the fate of those dirt worshippers from this day forward" 

On 5/18/2019 at 6:54 PM, Alpo said:

Yep,  I got as much out of it as listening to some of  the gutter rap music.  Language just ruined it for me.  I mean what if stages were patterned using some of the more colorful language!!

16 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back. Al Swearengen to A.W. Merrick, after the Deadwood Pioneer paper was ransacked.

No doubt this is my favorite as well.  With your permission, I'll expand on it just a bit:

"Pain and damage don't end the world.  Or despair, or *ing beatings.  The world ends when you're dead.  Until then, you've got more punishment in store.  Stand it like a man...and give some back".

Sound advice for anyone!

"Ad"

Howdy,

Fer those who didn't like Deadwood, why dump it on us?

And the quote be:

Hangdye, Wu, Hangdye.

Best

CR

Anything you can understand said by Mr. Wu ! :P

1 hour ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Anything you can understand said by Mr. Wu ! :P

San Francisco. ;)

18 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Fer those who didn't like Deadwood, why dump it on us?

And the quote be:

Hangdye, Wu, Hangdye.

Best

CR

Hangdai.jpg

"Not much of a horse race, Dan, between the appetite for blood and fidelity to political convictions" - Al Swearengen to Dan Dougherty, Season 3

Are you gonna skin that Smoke Wagon or are you gonna stand there and bleed?  *oops, wrong movie*  But top ten best line ever.

2 hours ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

Joannie Stubbs, when asked why some guy did what he did:  "I don't know.  I'm not a man."

She’s dang sure right about that! 

Archived