SASS Wire Forum

Rest in Peace Judge em All Duncan

Tn Tombstone

Such sad news about Wally and I know devastating for Cindi and family. Hard to believe he’s gone, but I know he is in cowboy heaven. We will surely miss him.

...Shamrock and Knot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The arrangements will be announced on Monday. Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home is handling the arrangements.

There is a tribute page at the link below.

https://www.mayeswarddobbins.com/obituaries/Vernon-Duncan/

This photo is from Bordertown. He loved Bordertown so much he called last year to say they wouldn't be able to make it but he wanted us to send 'em something from the shoot. So we did. ...sent him an entire Shooter's Packet as motivation really, to get those 2 back to Tombstone asap! Man, we'll miss you Judge. Although my heart breaks at this moment, when I think of you I just smile! Can't help it because that's what you brought to this world...your big, bright, beautiful spirit! RIP, my friend. And Yazoo? I have his text sent when y'all were traveling to N. Carolina for your 37th anniversary. Last thing he wrote? "I love my wife." Cindi, you are in our hearts and our prayers, girl.

Memorable moment:

I remember showing up at Riverbend, he’s sees me shooting the warm up, and out of the norm, I’m  shooting smokeless powder. He hollers out, “What happened to you? Did you grow a vagina?”

Love you, Wally.  Have a safe trip to heaven.  You were such an important part (like the very heart) of River Bend's successful state matches and I can't believe we've lost you. I've always been proud to consider you a friend.

Yazoo - I will pray for you daily. I can't even imagine the heaviness of your loss.  My deepest condolences.  Witch Doctor

Ride easy & shoot straight in the open range. 

I'm so sorry we lost Judge.  I was at the Georgia match when I heard the bad news.  I just shot with him in April and he seemed to be getting stronger.  I'll sure miss him.  God bless Cindy and the rest of the family.  

Love you, Wally.  Have a safe trip to heaven.  You were such an important part (like the very heart) of River Bend's successful state matches and I can't believe we've lost you. I've always been proud to consider you a friend.

Yazoo - I will pray for you daily. I can't even imagine the heaviness of your loss.  My deepest condolences.  Witch Doctor

I only had the privilege of meeting Judge once at Ohio State match last year,  he and Yazoo shot on my posse.  One heck of a cowboy and a good man.  So sorry to hear this , we'll all be sayin a prayer for ya Yazoo in Ohio.

i shot a number of times with Judge Em all Duncan back before he became a gunfighter and he routinely kicked my butt. I don't know if I ever beat him in a whole match-i don't think so.  And to be honest that is the way it should be, cause a man like that is hard to beat.  He'll be missed.

Wow, I can't believe that Judge 'em All is gone. We shot quite a few matches together over the years. He was one hell of a fine individual, respected and respectful. Prayers are up for the family. Hadn't seen him in a few years, with my health issues, but always thought of him. it's a sad day.

Isom

I'm not sure when I met the Judge,, seems I've known him all my life, at least cowboy life..  I gentle soul he was, truly a pleasure to know and to be with.   Special hugs for Yazoo and Doc,, I know words can't express what needs to be said.

Happy Trails Wally, kick up some gold dust for me,,,

9 hours ago, Sassy Dancer, SASS #70118 said:

Da Judge And Cindi.jpg

After every time Yaz shot you'd hear 

THAT'S MY GIRL!

Sad time indeed. Judge always had a kind word for everyone, & always good for a laugh. He'll be missed by Max & Ophelia for sure. We can rest easy he went to the right place. Prayers for Cindy & Doc.

The arrangements should be posted on the funeral home webpage. The services will be Thursday morning at 11:00 at the Marietta First Baptist Church with the sanctuary opening at 9:30. Lady T and I will be going down on Wednesday afternoon and staying at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Kennesaw. We will love to have anyone going down on Wednesday join us if you would like. The hotel number is 770-514-7344.

We will actually be staying two nights. Yazoo is working on getting their favorite restaurant to give us the large meeting room for a post service gathering place. Hotel is pet friendly by the way.

If anyone want more info please PM me.

I rarely post on the wire, for personnel reason.  But when I heard of the loss of the Judge on Saturday I was at a complete loss.  I figured if I did not respond, it did not happen.  Very hard to write this and I was in tears when Witch Doctor told me.  Judge was just such a wonderful person, words can never explain.  We will miss the Judge terribly, he was such a force in the SE for cowboys.  And touched the hearts of so many people.  

TT we are doing our best to change some doctor appointments and make it on Thursday.  May be hard, this is with oncologist, scheduled almost a year ago.

Cardboard Cowboy, Foxy Filly & Black Diamond Nicki    

RIP Judge .

Lord I pray The Judge is by your side looking down on all your Cowboys and Cowgals .

Lord I ask you to be with his Family and Friends threw this journey and guide them   with the Holey Spirit.

Father thank you for all the days you have given us with your Servant Judge .

Its in Jesus name we pray.

Amen .  

He was a dear friend to a lot of people, he will be missed. Prayers are with the family....

Archived