SASS Wire Forum

Rest in Peace Judge em All Duncan

Tn Tombstone

It with a sad heart and bluery eyes that I start this new thread

Judge em All Duncan passed away today at 11:15. A very wonderful man and good friend. Rest in peace my friend.

Judge touched many lives and made friends everywhere he went. He never knew a stranger or at least they were not a stranger for long

We will miss you brother.
My heart goes out to Yazoo City Gal and Doc Duncan. May peace be with you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really sad to hear this.

Will have to take some time to process.

Judge was like a brother.

Last year he called me when I was under my trailer and I told him that. He said Just put me on speaker dammit.:lol:

The only the visitors I had at my old shop were Judge and Yazoo. I showed them around and Judge cleaned his guns.

Then we went to lunch at the catfish place.

Judge was a true Southern Gentleman.

And a real gentle man.

Now he can laugh and play with his son.

Rest easy, Judge.

I will miss you.

Waimea

I don't have the words to express my sadness at the passing of this fine man. Prayers up for the family.

Indeed such sad news.   I echo the words of Waimea.  Rest in peace my friend.  

May God comfort family, loved ones, and the many CAS friends who new this fine gentleman.

I met the judge on a cool October morning, sitting on a big rock beside the gallows at Wartrace.

We climbed the stairs and stood, slowly turning and taking in the breathtaking view of Tennessee countryside.

We were brothers from that day on!  When Schoolmarm was diagnosed with cancer, he was on the phone, encouraging both of us! When I had my first episode with my foot, he was calling to keep my head up. We called and messaged back and forth to keep each other going for more weeks and months than either of us would care to count and I will owe him forever!

Judge’m all Duncan was cowboy to the bone!  He was a driving force in the campaign to make Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter a recognized S.A.S.S. category. He dedicated his time and energy to make his club a great place to shoot and to host the Georgia State Championship more than once!

Back on a personal note, he would drive to Nashville to visit friends or relatives and make a point to do it when he and Yaz could catch a performance by my band!  

I could tell you all much more, but you already get the picture.  I wish Yaz and Doc and the rest of his friends and family peace and comfort and I thank them for sharing this gentle giant with me and with all of us

He was my brother!  When we parted company or when the phone call was over, he’d always finish the conversation with, “Love ya ‘, Brother!”  I’m neither embarrassed nor ashamed to say that I’d reply the same way.

Wally!  Love ya ‘, Brother!!

I didn't know him as well as some of you but knew him enough to know how great of a man he was. I finally met him a few years ago and just really hit it off with him. What a big teddy bear. Guys like him and his wife are why I love this sport so much. It allows me to meet great people like him. Dont really know what to say with this. 

Lord, please be with his family in this difficult time. Lord, enjoy having Judge back home with you. Please comfort all that are in pain from his passing. We trust in your will Lord. In Jesus name, Amen!

I will miss you Judge!!!

Will really miss his huge hugs.

Cowboy Action Shooting is a game, but it is so much more. This is where you meet good people, from all walks of life.

And make friends like no others.

Last Kiss, and I met Judge and Yazoo many years ago, From the first minute we were friends. Very soon, Judge and I

were brothers. We are so lucky to have met them, and I to share so much with him.

For 7+ years he has valiantly fought one of the worlds most dangerous infections, and all with a smile on his face and

a good word for everyone.

Three weeks ago he shot his last match and did it clean. I sensed he was ill, but still in the game.

Grief and mourning are not wasted they are needed.

He was a Good Cowboy, and one of a kind, and my brother!

Harley.

Like many here have expressed, The Judge was one of those special folks that we are blessed to have known in our lives.  Lots of wonderful memories running around in my head as I read this news.  Possum Trot, Black Gold Shootouts, Sparta, Comin'At'Cha, Mose Spencers Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot, they just keep coming.  My Brother Wally was always the first to give me'n'Fannie a big ole hug.  No more pain and suffering for our friend.  Prayers of comfort and understanding for Yazoo and family.

HE WILL BE MISSED!:(

Although I knew Judge 'in a Cowboy' way, I wasn't as close to him as Tombstone, Harley, Blackwater, Waimea,

and many others.

BUT, ya don't have to know some people very long to know they are indeed

a fine, deeply respected person.   His presence on the Cowboy range was quite honestly..... enhancing.  

He was one of the few folks that when you see him, you give out a soft audible... "Yeehaw, there's Judge.

Think I'll mosey over and say hi to him and Yazoo".

Indeed, it was always good to see him and carry on short conversations.

He will be missed greatly and my prayers are extended to Yazoo, Doc, and his family.

..........Widder

RIP Judge:

We'll miss you, your hearty laugh and wonderful sense of humor.

Prayers go out to Yazoo City Gal & the rest of your extended family.

--Dawg

So sorry to hear this.  Prayers and condolences to his family and friends.  May he rest in peace.

So sad am I, However the good news is that we'll see each other again someday! and no more sickness or tears. Good shootin' Judge. Preacherman

This is one cowboy I was going to go out of my way to meet. Seemed so down to earth and respected. So sad that I did not get to. RIP Judge. 

What a tremendous loss to our world of Cowboy. Never was there a man with a bigger smile and heart. I have only known him for a couple years and enjoyed his company at several shoots. He hsd a positive attitude and influence to everyone who had the honor of meeting him. Rest in Peace my friend. Prayers of comfort and condolence to his family from Kay and I.

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

He was my brother!  When we parted company or when the phone call was over, he’d always finish the conversation with, “Love ya ‘, Brother!”  I’m neither embarrassed nor ashamed to say that I’d reply the same way.

Wally!  Love ya ‘, Brother!!

I will NEVER forget when Judge was on stage with you at my first Black Gold.

Somebody's gotta have a video.

Ok, a little help.

What did he sing?

Just got the news of the seriousness of the Judge's condition while at the GA State shoot and then came home to this.  So glad a close friend got to share a few precious last moments which, I'm sure, were a comfort to both of them.  I learned a while back there are things worse than death;  I hope this will bring some small comfort to Yazoo and to our cowboy family.  We'll all be reunited in the posse in Heaven.

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I didn't know him well; but, he was always kind to me.

RIP, Judge!

As long as I knew him, he was always kind to everyone.

I never knew I had a brother until he told me so.  I think it might have been the first day we met that he said I was his brother from another mother.  

This is gonna hurt for a while.

Love to Cindi and Kelly.

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

I will NEVER forget when Judge was on stage with you at my first Black Gold.

Somebody's gotta have a video.

Ok, a little help.

What did he sing?

The Ballad of Curtis Lowe is what I recall.  We did that more than once and in more than one place!!

Judge was one of the people to encourage me to switch categories and start shooting FCGF. I guess I made the switch just when his health started to fail him. He would continue to encourage me, but all along the way remind me that he was going to put a whoopin' on me once he got better. I tried to poke at him and encourage him back by telling him that I wished he would get well soon because I was ready to give him a go. Truthfully, I would love nothing more than to be whooped by one of the best just one more time.

Just rest assured that today there is one more angel in heaven.

We'll miss you, cowboy.

Archived