SASS Wire Forum

Stockfish

Subdeacon Joe

16 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

By comparison, lutefisk is a delicacy?

From some of the comments, aside from the smell, stockfish isn't bad.  Some commented that the Norwegian stockfish is high quality and not offensive to the nose.

I will be taking his word for this. Should I ever find myself needing to make stockfish work for me, now I know how. 

I am trying to remember where I was when I saw what appeared to be stockfish at a deli counter...

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I will be taking his word for this. Should I ever find myself needing to make stockfish work for me, now I know how. 

I am trying to remember where I was when I saw what appeared to be stockfish at a deli counter...

Ye are not olde enough laddie.

4 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

By comparison, lutefisk is a delicacy?

I believe stockfish is stage 1 of lutefisk.   sick.gif

Oh... the memories of Grandma Corneliussen and her lutefisk....  *:( sad

Lutefisk - My dad had his fill of it as a kid.  We did not have it except if at Grandma and Grandpas house.  Not too bad if you can get past the rather powerful odor.   The stockfish actually sounds good.  Potatoes, fish, and a cracker - sounds like a good meal.

STL Suomi

Not for me. My 22 oz. Stanley framing hammer is not a kitchen utensil. It stays in the basement with the other tools.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Kind of funny.  It it was salmon that had been hung out to dry in the sun until it was like shoe leather people would say it was great.

People eat it raw and say it is great, Joe. As for me, a bit of butter, some lemon juice, seasoned salt, and lotsa alder smoke over a medium fire. . 

50 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

People eat it raw and say it is great, Joe. As for me, a bit of butter, some lemon juice, seasoned salt, and lotsa alder smoke over a medium fire. . 

One year for Palm Sunday a guy who was a commercial fisherman out of Bodega Bay brought 5 nice salmon for the after Liturgy lunch.  The night before I rubbed them down with some bottled Italian Dressing and wrapped them in plastic.  Sunday I got the grill going and cooked 'em whole (he had taken off the heads and gutted them before he brought them).  Moderate heat, turned them about every 5 or 6 minutes so the cooking was very even.  People raved about them for months.

Archived