SASS Wire Forum

When I first started cas in ‘09, I just went out and bought stuff. In 2011 I got a pair of Walkers. Over the years of on and off shooting I struggled with holsters that were either too big or to small for the guns I like to play with. 

I have all the revolvers I want (I think) and finally ordered my dream leather the end of last summer. It showed up this week. 

Looks like I’m short one gun. 

When you shoot Josey Wales every chance you get, one needs options. 

B30E6A30-2567-4452-BB75-06B1E05C5C78.jpeg

15C72535-38A6-4C01-9F5C-547CC872E48E.jpeg

5F918DBF-B9FF-4D04-9587-3992B447AA03.jpeg

1 hour ago, watab kid said:

yup short one by my count - easily remedied as long as you have an open mind and check book , 

I really am liking the 1860 .44 I got last fall. Might just need a second one. 

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Suspenders make the 5 gun belt stay up better

Imis ask me how I know

How do you know?

My thinking is this;

- the leather is to carry all my guns to the firing line so my posse pards don’t have to play gun bearer. 

- I will probably use the shoulder holster for the pistol targets and wear two pistols on the belt. 

- I got five belt holsters just so I could have the option of changing them out for the guns of the day. 

- At Logan’s Ferry, I can not currently shoot five pistols. I have to put the shot gun on the shotgun targets. 

JBR My purpose is also to be able to go to the FL hands free with 5 pistols. Or carry a shotgun with 4 pistols. I normally stage 2 pistols where the rifle is staged and the 5th pistol or SG where the SG would be staged. I can move to the ULT in the same way. No brass for the pickers to gather, a little more time at the ULT. Its fun and somehow some folks cant understand how it works. some MDs dont want any more categories.

Imis  sorry I cant find a picture of my rig, it has been posted here before

Archived