SASS Wire Forum

FYI.  A friend just ordered a Texas Defender and received cap, t-shirt and extra barrel.    GW

3 hours ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Are the other barrels still interchangeable?  I would rather a .44mag/spcl barrel on it. Will call company on Monday to see as well. 

Please report back.

I'm interested in the answer.

Wish it didn't have the god-awful trigger guard.

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

Please report back.

I'm interested in the answer.

Wish it didn't have the god-awful trigger guard.

On the other models the trigger guards are removable, have to believe they also are here on this model as well. But I will ask that as well. 

7 hours ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Are the other barrels still interchangeable?  I would rather a .44mag/spcl barrel on it. Will call company on Monday to see as well. 

From their news release

• Compatible with all standard Bond Arms barrels

On 5/17/2019 at 7:39 PM, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Reckon these will be very popular for side matches? MSRP of $299!

https://www.bondarms.com/Roughneck-P8514.aspx

Thanks for this, I'm gonna have to get me one!! It's almost $200.00 cheaper than a regular Bond!!;)

13 hours ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

On the other models the trigger guards are removable, have to believe they also are here on this model as well. But I will ask that as well. 

According to American Rifleman, the trigger guards are removable and barrels are interchangeable with previous models:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2019/5/16/tested-bond-arms-new-rough-series-budget-friendly-double-barrel-pistols/

24 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

According to American Rifleman, the trigger guards are removable and barrels are interchangeable with previous models:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2019/5/16/tested-bond-arms-new-rough-series-budget-friendly-double-barrel-pistols/

Perfect!  Thanks. 

On 5/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, Marshal Hangtree said:

Thanks for the confirmation.

I've wanted a Bond for a while.

This will probably clinch it.

Howdy,

No interest?

Your title says nothing about a much cheaper quality derringer.

I expected comments about some new guy playing James Bond

in an upcoming spy movie.

I didn't expect a way to finally buy a nice little two shooter.

Ive been looking at derringers for years.

Wanted one ever since Paladin pulled out that little backup.

Best

CR

59 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

No interest?

Your title says nothing about a much cheaper quality derringer.

I expected comments about some new guy playing James Bond

in an upcoming spy movie.

I didn't expect a way to finally buy a nice little two shooter.

Ive been looking at derringers for years.

Wanted one ever since Paladin pulled out that little backup.

Best

CR

I see your point, sort of. My comment about lack of interest was also spurred by the number of views without much reply, now up to 567. But happy that I was able to give the information to whoever reads the post and can use it.

1 hour ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

I see your point, sort of. My comment about lack of interest was also spurred by the number of views without much reply, now up to 567. But happy that I was able to give the information to whoever reads the post and can use it.

Appreciate the post.  Certainly got my interest.  Price seems right for quality, even if model is lacking some cosmetics  (that might eventually get scratched up anyway).  Now if Sassy just read the SASS Wire she would know a little toy to get Billy for his 74th birthday.  Billy could also wait until Christmas too.

3 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Appreciate the post.  Certainly got my interest.  Price seems right for quality, even if model is lacking some cosmetics  (that might eventually get scratched up anyway).  Now if Sassy just read the SASS Wire she would know a little toy to get Billy for his 74th birthday.  Billy could also wait until Christmas too.

And Mary Ann too.

19 minutes ago, Texas John Ringo, SASS #10138 said:

And Mary Ann too.

exactly

Archived