SASS Wire Forum

Globe, AZ economy WHAT????

Dantankerous

From Wikipedia:

Screenshot_20190517-154824_Chrome.jpg

Hey Dan,

I lived in Globe for 5 years and my cousin is one of the managers of the mine still in Miami. Used to be a booming little town. 

Jax T

19 minutes ago, Jax T said:

Hey Dan,

I lived in Globe for 5 years and my cousin is one of the managers of the mine still in Miami. Used to be a booming little town. 

Jax T

Wow! Small world. :D

I have been to Globe twice. The first time I was in 6th grade and I had the best Chili Size in my life. The second time I was a senior in high school I had another Chili Size at the same place and it was just as good.

I loved the country and the red rock canyons. The copper mine was quite impressive. Too bad it was there and not some crap hole part of the country. That is about all I remember...except the ‘57 Chevy smashed at the bottom of a canyon. It had been there for years. I always wondered what the story behind that was.

I used to work on a lot of two-way radios up in the Globe/Miami area way back when copper mining was still pretty big there. There were some very good Mexican restaurants in both towns but that was 30+ years ago. Don’t know much about Globe now but saying they’re dependent on substance abuse is pretty weird.

I used to work in Phoenix area steel shops. Periodically, some of the welders would quit to go work at the mine, but 6 months or so later they would come back and be looking for work again. 

Archived