SASS Wire Forum

Some Things Don't Change - Ever

Subdeacon Joe

“Howdy....is this the Kremlin? Yah! Yah! Igor! I remember you from last time! Yah, this is Bob over at the USAF 116th fighter wing! Do you guys still have that ancient Bison bomber? You do! Great! We are requesting a photo OP in two weeks? Can you help us out with that? How about 1500 hrs on the 23rd over the Bering sea? That would be awesome! Yah! The North Koreans backed out at the last moment and we really need to send the airwing calendar to print..... OK, OK the boys can send some Smirnoff over! Same address? Ok, ok great! Talk to you some Igor.....Bye!”

2 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

We're still flying B 52 and C 130 stuff that will be here long after the last cockroach on the planet had died.

Had a 'Buff' do'n T&G's at PMD yesterday, very cool to see and hear.

OLG

We still get C130s flying over my house on their way to Volk Field.  Helos fly over all the time.  It was a real kick when they A10s would fly by.  Low and slow, crossing patterns.  Now that the fighter wing in Madison has F15s or 16s, we don't see much for fighters anymore.

7 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

We still get C130s flying over my house on their way to Volk Field.  Helos fly over all the time.  It was a real kick when they A10s would fly by.  Low and slow, crossing patterns.  Now that the fighter wing in Madison has F15s or 16s, we don't see much for fighters anymore.

Come on out to Plant 42 in PMD.

We get a great airshow just about every day.

This includes Global Hawk drones also. ;)

OLG

Just now, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

What the heck did you say, this time?.........:lol:

OLG

Nothin'...I stole this of the interwebs...:D

Just shows some things have changed...:(

13 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

3 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG

You should see the look on my dog's face when Ospreys' fly over our house on their way to landing at Los Alamitos Air Base. It's hilarious. I gotta get a picture.

16 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG

Yep....BJ's corner.

1 minute ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Bet they have pictures just like these, except with a B52 and their fighters...LOL

If you do FB. Here's a good place for 'Wing-Nutz'.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/palmdaleafplant42/?ref=bookmarks

Or, you could just watch from my back yard off of 10th West and ELR. ^_^

OLG

Archived