SASS Wire Forum

converted a 44cal BP revolver with 7.5 barrel to a 45LC was wondering do they make any kind of conceal carry holster?

Ram111

i been and need to find one can anyone please help me? if there is any? i dont plan on conceal carryin it all tbh mby once or twice a year even if that but i just want 1 to have 1, do they even make 1 for it?

Check out these holsters for carrying a single action

--Dawg

https://www.mernickleholsters.com/ps/bwcc_saa.html

8 hours ago, Ram111 said:

yes! you are the best sir! but i see they sai this is for barrel length for 5 and a half inch! i believe mine is 7.5!

Call 'em!

I'll bet they will make you one in 7.5"

--Dawg

26 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to conceal carry a 7.5" single action, 1860 engineered 5 shot revolver?

I have seen this question on other boards and what usually comes out is something like: "Well I had a felony X number of years ago and I can't buy a modern gun, so I am going to skirt the law by buying a black powder gun and converting it." 

1 hour ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to conceal carry a 7.5" single action, 1860 engineered 5 shot revolver?

To make ya'lls brains explode with disbelief!

If you see an old man walking around with a single action army on his hip, I suggest you leave him alone......

50 minutes ago, Savvy Jack said:

To make ya'lls brains explode with disbelief!

If you see an old man walking around with a single action army on his hip, I suggest you leave him alone......

Yup!  He probably knows how to use it. :excl:

3 hours ago, Flatwater Monte said:

I have seen this question on other boards and what usually comes out is something like: "Well I had a felony X number of years ago and I can't buy a modern gun, so I am going to skirt the law by buying a black powder gun and converting it." 

Thats a pretty pointed response.  I had a 5.5 inch Bisley on my California CCW for years so I could carry it to and from shoots.  Being able to carry the gun you have is a good thing.  

5 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/4/5/sheriffs-tips-is-the-single-action-revolver-a-valid-defense-gun/

11 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

READ THE DESCRIPTION. mby once or twice a year just for the heck of it. once or twice. im not a felon i just love all my guns

11 hours ago, Flatwater Monte said:

not a felon. red the descrption. if i even decide to it will be mby once or twice a year  even if that. i just wanna know if i have the option cus i love all my guns.

If you're going to carry this in the summer in the hot and humid Southland, you can put it on over a t-shirt, then cover it with a loose short sleeved button shirt, left open.  That way the harness will print less... but it will print enough so that anyone who is more than a casual observer will see it.  I'm assuming that you do have a CCW permit.   It's still going to be hot and sticky.  But that's summer through Sept., early Oct. 

I've had a ccw for 40+ years, but before I got it, I carried a charged, uncapped Black Powder revolver under the seat of my car. I kept a capper in the glove box. No, it was not real fast to grab and cap, but it was certainly doable for a developing situation and I was glad to have it.

Archived