SASS Wire Forum

Custom Shotgun Belt and 45/70 Question

David Balthazar

I'm having a custom shotgun belt being made, and wanted to keep the utility in it high. 

I have room to add 5-6 45/70 loops but is that even worth doing? 

Or should I just go with a dedicated bandolier/belt separate for 45/70s (maybe 15-20 loops)?

Thank you!

DB

one belt doing both jobs makes sense to my practical self , im not always practical at this point in life , i do what works best for my needs so i recommend that to you - do it once and enjoy it a lifetime , do it wrong you do it multiple times and cost yourself more in the end 

I recently saw some type of "plainsmani" category where Jed I Knight here shot a string of six rounds, and was curious if that was the norm?  I will see if 6 rounds of 45/70 will fit between the shotgun loops with my custom maker...

Either way, it was posted here prior, so I am just bringing it back up maybe for those who have not seen it:

Hi David,

Plainsman is a side match that is found at some annual matches.  I think it would be better to have a small pouch on your SG shell belt for 45-70 rounds or whatever you chose. Although I have two 45-70 single shot rifles, I shoot neither for Plainsman.

Regards,

Allie

Well I went with the six loops, which at the very least could also carry my .45 LC ammo as needed.  I will post pics when I receive it, I think at the very least it will look cool...

Archived